X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LFAD Posting Guidelines: Do's and Don'ts

DO:

- If you are posting a general question or are seeking general advice, please perform a search on the site to make sure someone else hasn't already posted your topic.

- When replying to threads stay on topic.

- It's difficult for us to help you if you just post a long story, or a long story followed by 'Help!' or 'So, any advice?' Please tell us what it is you need advice about. If you don't have a question and just want to rant or whine or vent, then the best place to post is in your LFAD blog.

- Press the enter key between paragraphs; walls of text are hard to read.

- Take the time to check over your grammar/spelling. No one wants to read a bunch of "and then i didnt no what 2 say lol." If you haven't bothered to make your post readable you'll find people assume you are immature and inconsiderate.

- Check the tagged posts before posting.

- Provide links to any previous posts you've made regarding the situation.

DON'T:

- Do not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, hateful, threatening, rude/disrespectful (including name calling), offensive, or otherwise violative of any laws will not be tolerated on the forum and may result in banning.

- Do not use abusive or violent language, even if not directed specifically at another member. (eg. commenting on a post to say, "if I was dating someone like that, I'd slap her", is neither helpful nor constructive).

- Do not post spam! Includes linking to a competitive website or forum. It will result in immediate removal. Also, soliciting members for personal gain will not be tolerated: any links or posts that ask for money or listing items for sale will be removed.

- Don't post every single unnecessary detail. A lot of members won't bother to read your post if it is too long, and some will only skim it.

- Don't post questions like "Does he/she like me?", "What's going on with him?", etc. We do not know what the person is thinking; we're not psychics!

- Don't ask us for gift ideas for your significant other without first checking out the ideas in the gift section of the forum.

- Please do not expect everyone to agree with you. People will share their opinions, whether or not it's what you want or expect to hear. Likewise, do not get upset if someone disagrees with you. Respect other members' opinions even though you may not agree with them.

- Do not use anything other than the standard font/color/size/etc. Reading things like this is neither easy nor enjoyable, and even small changes can make things much more difficult for people with visual disabilities.

Reporting Posts

If you see spam, advertising, trolling, inappropriate, or any post that breaks any of the above rules please report it!

You can report a post by clicking the small black triangle button at the bottom of the post:
    Read my LDR story!
    Facebook
    Instagram
Working...
X