Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vienna

Hey!

My SO and I are going to Vienna for five days at the start of April. I know it's still a long way from now, but I find that planning holidays is a very good way to cheer myself up in these bleak winter days!

So a quick search online already gave me a solid idea of the places we want to/should see: the Hofburg Imperial palace, the Schönbrunn palace and zoo, St Stephen's cathedral, the Belvedere, Staatsoper, Naschmarkt, Mozarthaus, a few other palaces, etc.

I'd appreciate other recommendations from people who know the city. Stuff that isn't automatically mentioned on tourism websites, nice bars or restaurants you had a great time at, anything really.

Thanks in advance
    I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

My husband has been to Vienna and says the Volksoper is good, and Musikverein, and the apartment of Sigmund Freud.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I like to look at lonelyplanet.com and tripadvisor.com websites. LP has a forum where you can ask your question to lots of people who have been to Vienna! Have fun!

Comment

You are right to look for attractions that don't usually pop up on websites. Usually the small or odd places are the best and show the local culture even more.

I hope your trip is great, and I'm sure you will enjoy the planning, too. Hope you get lots of great ideas here. Good luck.

Comment

You shouldn´t miss the Prater

Comment

Sadly this is just in german, but I always enjoy to see the remains of the roman walls in Vienna:
            https://www.wienmuseum.at/de/standor...elerplatz.html

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
            First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
            Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
            Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
            Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
            Married: 1/24/2015
            Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Thanks a lot for your answers, people

Originally posted by snow View Post
              Sadly this is just in german, but I always enjoy to see the remains of the roman walls in Vienna:
              https://www.wienmuseum.at/de/standor...elerplatz.html
              Sweet! I hadn't heard of this before and this is exactly the kind of stuff I'm into. Thanks
              I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

It's a lovely city!

Comment

Yeah i agree with you they both website are really awesome and helpful. I also try to search on them before going anywhere. According to me Tripadvisor is the best way to know about the any place of any country. It will provide you the right answers and real reviews.

Comment

Have some ice cream at Tichy for me! OMG I miss that!!

Comment

I lived in Austria and I never went to Vienna as it was 3/4 hours drive away, but I do reccommend Salzburg and Innsbruck

Comment

Thanks guys, but I've been there already, last April

Comment

Working...
                        X