This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dress help!

As some of you might know, I got married a year ago but we're having a wedding party here in CR in a few weeks. I'm trying to decide what to wear and it's stressing me out! I don't know why! It's not even my freaking wedding! When I bought my actual dress I went to one store, tried on three white dresses and picked my favorite. Done and done.

I'm looking for something fun and flirty and a little sexy. Something that will look good in pictures. It doesn't have to be "timeless" I almost think it's fun to see how dated photos get as you age. The dress has to cover up my ass (duh) and it has to be good for dancing. There will be lots of Latin dancing.

If I order online I won't get the dress until my mom brings it down to CR the day before the party. I guess I could buy more than one dress depending on return policies, but I'd feel bad making my mom do all those returns for me. Almost all the modcloth dresses posted seem very short at 34-36 inches long. I have a dress that is 35 inches long and it is SHORT. Seriously, it's tight and when it moves up a little my ass comes out the bottom. Not kidding, it's short. But it confuses me because when I look at the reviews with the girls wearing the dresses, they doesn't look short! Do I just have a freakishly long torso and giant ass??

So, PLEASE! SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!

Option one- This dress. I think it's super cute and I love the neckline. It would look great dancing. But I worry about the length, M is only 34.5 inches.

Option two- This dress. I really love this one, it seems playful and fun and would be nice for dancing. I also love the back. But I worry about length at only 35 inches.

Option three- This dress. Which I also really like. I think it's sexy and cute. But I worry it'll move up as I dance, and I worry it's too short to begin with at 36 inches. (why the hell is everything on Mod cloth so damn short??)

Option four- This dress. I tried on a L at the store and it didn't fit so I'm pretty sure the M will fit fine. Although it looks pretty damn short in the picture, the length was fine when I tried it on. Although I do worry a M would be shorter. I love the back of the dress. This is the cheapest option (always a plus) and it's my SO's favorite.

Option five- This dress. Finally one that's long enough! I think it is really pretty and classic, and I love the back. (big fan of keyhole backs, can you tell?) But I worry it's too long and would be hard to dance in. There's no slit or anything in the back to allow for more movement.

Option six- My original dress. I do really like my original dress. But I would want to get straps added to it because the straps it has (as you can see in the picture) are quite reminiscent of bra straps. I was thinking of getting lacy straps added like this, or trying to make it look more key hole like this A, this B, or this C.

As you can see I have way too many freaking ideas and I need to calm the f down. So please, people, please someone give me awesome advice and I can do that and stop thinking about this!! I'm freaking out here over nothing!
    Last edited by lucybelle; January 14, 2014, 07:48 AM.

Oy, the perils of online shopping. Personally, I like option 5 the best (I'm a huge sucker for lace and think it would look great on you), but it does seem pretty form-fitting, which could be a problem. Do you think wearing a pair of little white bike shorts underneath one of the shorter A-line dresses (of which option 2 is my favorite) would be super tacky? I'm used to dressing people for dance recitals, not wedding parties.

Comment

If it was my pick, I would go for the first one. Its really cute
      Based on the pictures people posted with it,
      It doesn't seem that short to me ^-^

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
        Almost all the modcloth dresses posted seem very short at 34-36 inches long.
        Ah Modcloth lengths :-/ I'm 5'11'' so I feel your pain.

I really like your original dress too, it looks great on you and if you're already happy with how it looked in pics, I would just go with that, maybe with some modifications like the straps as you suggested. I think option C is what I'd go for.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

Originally posted by Malaga View Post
          Ah Modcloth lengths :-/ I'm 5'11'' so I feel your pain.

I really like your original dress too, it looks great on you and if you're already happy with how it looked in pics, I would just go with that, maybe with some modifications like the straps as you suggested. I think option C is what I'd go for.
          I agree with this. =]

Comment

Thanks for your advice everyone! I'm going to close the thread because I decided to buy all the dresses (yikes). I'll chose one when my mom brings them down and then she said she'll return the other ones for me. If none of the bought dresses work, then I'll use my original dress.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
            X