Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Places to stay in San Francisco?

Hi everyone,

My SO and I are going on a small vacation together this month. I was wondering if anyone has ever stayed in San Fran and if so, where? I was searching different places for about the last two hours and just want to curl up in bed now...
    Any suggestions would be REALLY appreciated!

Thanks!

Met in July 2006
    Dated very briefly in November 2006
    Reconnected in July 2011
    Something changed in August 2013
    He visited in November 2013
    I traveled in November 2013
    I visit in February 2014

www.hostelworld.com

I can't remember which one I stayed in but it was super central and near China town. You can get private rooms for super cheap.
    Last edited by snow_girl; February 3, 2014, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Last time I was in SF, my mom and I stayed in an apartment found on AirBnB.

Comment

Hi there! I live in San Francisco

I'm not sure that I have any specific hotels to recommend, but I will say that it all depends on your budget. You get what you pay for. I would choose somewhere not exactly in the heart of the city, because traffic can get quite hectic at times. No matter what, you'll have fun...it's suck a quirky city!

I'm much better at finding things to do...so if you need any tips or ways to spend your time, I'm your gal!

Comment

www.hostelworld.com

I can't remember which one I stayed in but it was super central and near China town. You can get private rooms for super cheap.
          I will check that out, thanks

Originally posted by mllebamako View Post
          Last time I was in SF, my mom and I stayed in an apartment found on AirBnB.
          We actually used AirBnB for another place we will be staying in, maybe that is just out best bet. Thanks!

Hi there! I live in San Francisco

I'm not sure that I have any specific hotels to recommend, but I will say that it all depends on your budget. You get what you pay for. I would choose somewhere not exactly in the heart of the city, because traffic can get quite hectic at times. No matter what, you'll have fun...it's suck a quirky city!

I'm much better at finding things to do...so if you need any tips or ways to spend your time, I'm your gal!
          Thanks for the heads up on staying outside the heart of the city... I was not sure on that since I live in NYC and am never sure if you need to be downtown in smaller cities or not! Thanks again.

Met in July 2006
          Dated very briefly in November 2006
          Reconnected in July 2011
          Something changed in August 2013
          He visited in November 2013
          I traveled in November 2013
          I visit in February 2014

Comment

Every time I stay in San Francisco, I stay at a Hyatt: Grand Hyatt San Fran in Union Square or Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf. But I was usually on business and some company was paying for it, so I realize those may not be in your budget.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Originally posted by stormy View Post

Thanks for the heads up on staying outside the heart of the city...
              I actually completely disagree with lori's comment. Stay in the city. Find a parkade and park your car for the duration of your trip (It was $25-30 a day for parking) and then walk take the bus/train anywhere. If you stay in a hotel often they have parking. There is nothing worse then having to drive into somewhere and search for parking to explore each day. You want to be able to step out of your hotel/hostel grab a coffee and explore on foot. Not search for parking each day. Only use your car if you are going on a day trip to the Jelly Belly factory or to a winery. SF is a walking city.

Comment

I remembered that when I visited the San Francisco with my friends then I stayed at “Executive Hotel Vintage Court”. It is located at Bush Street and 33 kilometers away from the International Airport. You can stay there without any hesitation. It has great services and delicious food taste and I am sure you will find it easily.

Comment

Fisherman's Wharf is gorgeous and within walking distance of Ghirardelli Square! There are large parks near by and the view of the Golden Gate bridge and the piers during sunset is absolutely splendid!
                  Unfortunately, the only catch is the cost....
                  Hotels in the area can be a bit expensive, since the Wharf is so centrally located.

Definitely get a bus pass or a subway pass if you're staying more than 3 days, because parking is hard to find and VERY expensive. The public transit systems in the city are pretty efficient and can usually get you wherever you're going.

Comment

I stayed at the Green Tortoise Hostel in San Fran. Right on Broadway, near almost everything, free dinner twice a week, free Breakfast and evening entertainment.
                    Of course I see that a Hostel/Backpackers might not be what you and your SO are looking for, but maybe they also have rooms for two and you are on a tight budget.
                    happiness can be found in the darkest of places, if only you remember to turn on the light

Comment

stormy! According to me, The best and the famous places to explore in San Francisco are:
                      Golden Gate Bridge
                      Chinatown
                      Union Square
                      Lombard Street
                      Twin Peaks
                      Japanese Tea Garden
                      Yerba Buena Gardens
                      Angel Island

Comment

Working...
                      X