OPEN WHEN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OPEN WHEN

Does anyone have any ideas as of what else to add to the letters? like little gifts?

As strange as it is, I always like putting business cards in my letters to Stephen of places I've been lately. They're like little postcards. And I'd write on them "This is where I bought my glasses." "This is where we bought my birthday cake."

Sounds cheesy, but they were fun for him to look at.

Comment

I made like little word games that he could do when he was bored and included a simple string craft in one letter.
      Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
      Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
      Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Originally posted by bethyylovee View Post
        As strange as it is, I always like putting business cards in my letters to Stephen of places I've been lately. They're like little postcards. And I'd write on them "This is where I bought my glasses." "This is where we bought my birthday cake."

Sounds cheesy, but they were fun for him to look at.
        Oh my gosh I love this idea! I may try to do this if I can remember to pick up cards at the places I go to.
        Ignore the Newbie status. This is a new account created by a once very active LFAD member and veteran long-distance lover. After several months away from the site, I'm back!
        Old account name: Rach92g
        This Is Us
        Became A Couple: Friday, May 25th, 2007
        Close Distance: May 2007 - June 2010
        Long Distance (Georgia to California): June 2010 - February 2015
        Long Distance (Georgia to Tennessee): February 2015 - Present
        Got Engaged: May 8, 2015
        Closing The Distance: ?

Comment

like open when you're bored? including games is a great idea! or open when you are missing me a lot? pictures or smells of you. or open when you're angry? like some of his favorite candy or movie.

Comment

I put some cash into one letter, saying that he can go ahead and order pizza, the tip is on me :P

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
            First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
            Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
            Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
            Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
            Married: 1/24/2015
            Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Oh I would never put money in there... Far too touchy subject. I did put a thong in one letter though
              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I made a bunch of the "Open When" letters for my boyfriend. One of the letters was "Open when you need a good laugh" and all the letter says is to call me when he has the chance. I thought it would mean a lot more to hear the jokes from me on the phone. My boyfriend is also about to move so I included a picture frame that I decorated and included pictures in.

Comment

The titles of some of the letters I made were "Open when you're sad," "Open when you're worried about me," "Open when you're worried about us," "Open when you need a laugh," and "Open when you need some reassurance."

Comment

Originally posted by peyton.jaques View Post
                    I made a bunch of the "Open When" letters for my boyfriend. One of the letters was "Open when you need a good laugh" and all the letter says is to call me when he has the chance. I thought it would mean a lot more to hear the jokes from me on the phone. My boyfriend is also about to move so I included a picture frame that I decorated and included pictures in.
                    How long were your letters? I write long letters and to write a series of open when letters would take me forever!

Comment

MY SO IS IN THE NETHERLANDS TOO!

My SO likes little games and things that challenge his mind. Sometimes I'll print out a difficult sudoku, or, even better, a really hard math problem. (He loves math, I don't ) He enjoys little things like that. One time I sent him a little 50 piece puzzle and he liked that too! Sometimes I find the most adorable things in the dollar store. I just find things he likes, little things to do that remind him of me when I can't be around. Also, if your SO collects anything (mine collects sugar packets!), you can find them from different places around where you live and send them to him.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
                      X