Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is spending less than one and a half days worth it to travel 16 hours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AussieAmericanGirl66 View Post
    Wait a minute. IF you are really invested in a LDR with this guy, and he feels the same, how can you consider the idea of a one night stand? How would even a night with him be a one-night stand, if you are really in love with each other? It kind of sounds like you aren't really committed to each other enough to call this a relationship. I think you need more time. Don't rush things. Take it slow and get to know each other better.
    It would just feel like one to me if we did it the next day and left right after. We would still be talking after, but it'd just feel like one needing to leave so soon.
    For sure, trying not to rush and will keep getting to know him.

Comment

Originally posted by squeeker View Post
      Well said! My advice would be to wait for the summer when you have the lighter schedules. I think a first visit can be kind of overwhelming, seeing the person in 3-D for the first time, and then having to leave right away before you get to even hang out!!! It would be nicer to at least have a few days to a week for your first visit, in my opinion. I agree with AussieAmericanGirl also on the fact that you can take this time to get to know each other even better, there is always more to learn, even after 3+ years!!

Maybe it's my international LDR mindset speaking, but I think that 1 day is just too quick of a first meeting, especially with 16 hours of travel so quickly. I think it might make a first visit a bit stressful and harder. Though if that's your only option is one day here and there, do it and enjoy the minutes you have. But if you have the option to save up the money for a longer visit in the summer, my vote is on that one. But at the end of the day, it's your choice! And maybe you wouldn't mind that. And definitely don't think of it as a one night stand even if you do decide to be intimate with him. If you are in a relationship and are planning visits in the future and closing the distance one day, it would not be a one night stand. And it's never goodbye, always see you later. Anyways good luck whenever you get that first meeting and I hope it goes smoothly and wonderful!
      Thank you for your kind thoughts! I definitely don't want this to fail and I have never felt this strongly about someone before so I'm trying to see what's the best way to go about this.

Comment

Originally posted by snow View Post
        I second the idea of meeting half-way. You could share the expenses of a hotel!

You should also consider public transport - yes it is inconvenient, because you have to leave on time, but it is much cheaper in most cases than driving up with your own car and pay gas money. See if there is a train you could take or a bus. I was willing to fly to New York and take the train to Hartford, because the flight was $200 cheaper than to fly directly to Hartford - I didn't have to do it because the prizes dropped the day I booked the flight, but I would have done it in a heartbeat.

So to come back to your initial question: I would probably not do it, especially if I didn't have the money and if I wanted to I would wait for a long weekend or some kind of holidays that would allow to spend more time together, but that's just me. I wanted to fly down to see my fiancé once more before the visa for my easter holidays, but I just can't pay $1200 for 10 days.
        I may take a bus now after thinking about it some more when I can save up money for it. Will look into some bus tickets.

Comment

worth it

Comment

Working...
          X