Send them a takeaway!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Send them a takeaway!

I was having a lousy day and I didn't have enough money for food. I'm a student and I'd been living off rice for a while! Anyways the doorbell went and my girlfriend had ordered me a pizza online! She's in Finland and I was in the UK at the time! I think this a great idea - just make sure your SO is at home, hasn't eaten and is hungry first!

I'm literally thinking of doing the same thing right now. There's this amazing sandwich place called Jimmy Johns...we love it, and I can order on the phone so I think I might do that for him now since he's gonna be pulling an all nighter tonight for a test in the morning.

Comment

I actually tried to do that for my SO once! But it wouldn't take my card I tried two different ones. I'm guessing it didn't like that I was in the United States trying to order food to be delivered in England.

Comment

Ohh that is such a cool idea! My boyfriend loves Food And we always order Pizza when we meet, it's like a Tradition. I will definitely try this, I hope it works from Germany to the UK!

Comment

Originally posted by peppypenguin View Post
          I actually tried to do that for my SO once! But it wouldn't take my card I tried two different ones. I'm guessing it didn't like that I was in the United States trying to order food to be delivered in England.
          I think it depends on the company's website- I can order flowers from a local family-owned florist in my hometown in England with my US debit card no problem, but some other websites won't let me do that. There is a website, if I recall its something like just-eat.co.uk, where lots of takeaways are listed, and they take orders online? You might be able to use that.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
          <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
          The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
          <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
          <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
          Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
          Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

I love the idea, I just don't think it would work because of all the bans Turkey puts up, and I think also lack of internet page I would be able to manouver in due to my lousy Turkish and Norwegian cards. Perhaps if I got a Turkish bank card, I could
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Yeah, it was just-eat that I tried it on :/ I used to order from then while I was IN the UK for myself with my US cards but ordering while in the US with my US card apparently was a no go. But I only tried the once. I could try again. It really is a lovely idea to be able to send some comfort food or something to your SO when they need it

Comment

yes, especially since it takes so long to actually send something in the mail myself.
                I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by peppypenguin View Post
                  Yeah, it was just-eat that I tried it on :/ I used to order from then while I was IN the UK for myself with my US cards but ordering while in the US with my US card apparently was a no go. But I only tried the once. I could try again. It really is a lovely idea to be able to send some comfort food or something to your SO when they need it
                  That sucks, I wonder if you'd have any luck with something like Domino's? I know a few places that do takeout here have the online ordering thing, maybe some places in the UK have caught on, and aren't using just-eat. That's a real shame it won't let it use your card though!

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                  <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                  The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                  <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                  <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                  Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                  Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

I like this. I will try to order pizza for him at this one pizza place he always orders pizza from!
                    I just checked and it says they'd accept visa!

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                    First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                    Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                    Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                    Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                    Married: 1/24/2015
                    Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

So I did in fact try doing this last night, and while he did get his sub, it didn't exactly turn out the way I had imagined xD. For one thing, when you call this place their caller ID picks up on who's calling so the workers say "is this so and so?" since I ordered from home, their caller ID picked up on my moms name, so when the guy went to deliver he was looking for a female which he obviously never found xD. Also, I gave them the wrong apartment number by mistake so the guy was outside of the apartments asking for my mom . Too bad my mom was 300 miles away LOL!

Oh well, he still got the sandwich :P

Comment

I just did it and it was a great success! He had a bad day so I wanted to cheer him up with it and it worked
                        I ordered Pizza for him with Dominos from Germany to the UK. Credit card didn't work but paypal did, for those of you who want to try it

Comment

Originally posted by Elli View Post
                          I just did it and it was a great success! He had a bad day so I wanted to cheer him up with it and it worked
                          I ordered Pizza for him with Dominos from Germany to the UK. Credit card didn't work but paypal did, for those of you who want to try it
                          Paypal is a great idea! I didn't think of that when I was trying!

Comment

Working...
                          X