Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do people feel about a woman proposing to a man?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel like I would want to propose to my partner (I am assigned female, but genderfluid/gender queer. My partner is cis male). I mean, I think proposals aren't as relevant in this society, but it's nice. It's a grand gesture, which has its place for sure.

Comment

Well, I kind of did that. In a way. Well... I didn't have the ring
      It was a very sad day, on which we finally came to the conclusion that we have to do the distance thing for one more (academic) year and I just spontaneously came to the idea that we get married when he gets back - we were already carefully slipping the marriage thing in conversations for a while, so it was no surprise to him and he agreed. But funny enough, even though he's not a very tradition oriented guy, he still wants to get the ring for me and propose and until that happens, we're not supposed to tell friends and family... hmmm, some of them know anyway... I just hope it doesn't come around to my mum before I manage to tell her, she would kill me, hehe

Comment

My SO and I have talked multiple times about getting married and life after marriage. We've set a date and everything. We consider ourselves engaged but family and friends do not since he hasn't "officially proposed" and I have no ring as proof. Of course he has/is planning to propose later this year around our anniversary so everyone knows it's coming and that us getting married will happen.
        Whether I would propose or not? Possibly. Our relationship is set up in a way that both of us would be happy and would both say yes no matter which one of us asked.
        I agree that it's just up to a couples relationship and how they feel individually and together about getting married in general.

Comment

I think it depends on the dynamics in the Relationship.
          and on the type of guy..
          i mean, i know guys who have planned out how to propose since they have been little boys, and i think they would be really dissapointed if they didnt get to propose.
          but every guy is different, *shrug* you know him best, and you know your dynamic best. i'd just go with my gut on that one.

Comment

I would love man to do the proposing. I'm traditional and romantic in that way. Of course we are not there yet but I can't see me doing the proposal.

Comment

I wouldn't think it the least bit weird if my girlfriend proposed to me once the time has come.
              It's 2015 after all.

Comment

I'd rather my SO be the one to propose, not because I feel it has to be the case, but because I'd prefer it.

Comment

I never want to marry again, but IF I did, I may propose.

Comment

I think that it's ok for the woman to propose but on the other hand it will be more romantic if it was the man proposing!!

Comment

Originally posted by zokutsu View Post
                      I think that it's ok for the woman to propose but on the other hand it will be more romantic if it was the man proposing!!
                      What, women can't make as romantic proposals?

~
                      It'll take a lot more than words and guns
                      A whole lot more than riches and muscle
                      The hands of the many must join as one
                      And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Well why not? If both halves of the couple are okay with it, then go!

Comment

I think life is way too short to worry and stress.
                          If you are serious, go ahead!

If you are in love, why not take it to the next level. At the very least, you can start a discussion and see where you and your boo are currently in your relationship.

Comment

What does SO mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Clmckenzie View Post
                              What does SO mean?
                              Significant Other
                              To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Yay this thread~ I feel like the only thing that matters before engagement is for the couple to be actually ready for it.

Who proposes is all individual for relationships, in some it works one way, in some the another.
                                In my case I'd imagine my SO doing it but honestly? I'd not hesitate much if I felt like me doing it was the best option. (I doubt it ever happening though).

So I think it's definitely more than ok.

Comment

Working...
                                X