Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gift ideas? (I cant see my SO nor send him anything.. more info in thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gift ideas? (I cant see my SO nor send him anything.. more info in thread)

Hello there.
    I haven't been very active member, however I do visit this website quite frequently.
    I have browsed a little bit though gift ideas, but all of them seemed to include sending things or giving them in person. I would like to ask you guys for any ideas as for gifts that I can send over the internet.
    I am in a long distance relationship with my boyfriend for a year and a half now. We are both college students, but we live far away from each other (me being from eastern Europe and him middle of USA). Over the year or so we got really close. I wont give long speeches about our relationship, but I would like to ask for any suggestions for gifts that I can send him (over the internet, that is). There are some parents issues forbidding us from sending packages, so we only talk over the internet.
    As for gifts, I used to draw a lot, but I am not skilled, so it was to just make him smile really. We used to exchange some photos (we video chat a lot, but we decided to make some funny pictures and post them from time to time), I sang once to him and cooked a cake on our anniversary and just showed it to him over the camera. But.. I honestly ran out of ideas.. I really really want to make something for him, to make him smile with something silly.. but I dont know what, therefore I am asking you guys for help. I cant, by any mean, send anything to him in package or even visit him, so thats out off bounds. But if you have any ideas as to what can I make for him and show it to him over the camera or just send it with email, please tell me.
    For the past few months, we havent been sending any of these.. silly things.. and our relationship is a little sad. We are both busy and its hard to think of something creative. There are times we play some games, but recently we usually talk about our days and then just stay on a call and each does their own things. He usually works and I just dont want to bother so I play or mess around. He would be up for doing some things together, but its usually hard because of time and thats why I would want to make something for him and give it to him, to show him how much he means to me and how much I love him. Any suggestions are very much appreciated.
    Thanks for reading.

Some things I've done:
    Made a trivia quiz for him to take online. (He loves quizzes/trivia/pub quiz nights, etc.)
    Made a video of me holding up little signs of things I love about him, with music.
    Made a recording of me singing sweet songs.

He has made recordings of himself reading some of my favorite poems/short stories. He also emailed me this totally cheesy artwork he made to look cheesy on purpose, using Paint.

You could also do photos again, maybe even a series of them on a theme. Like, a day in your life. Take photos of your usual spots, include some of you at those places, make it fun and organize it so it has a "story" to it.. maybe start with a pic of you "asleep" and going through a bunch of pics til there's one of you in bed at night.

I'm assuming you guys can Skype?
    You could arrange a "dinner-date" with a little work. Pick an easyish recipe that you both can get ingredients for, send him the recipe, cook together while on Skype, and then eat together and chat.
    This could be a fun recipe that's really very "you" or very "traditional" for your country, but make sure he has those type of ingredients available.

I've made chocolate chip cookies and fluffy American-style buttermilk biscuits as special events/date nights with my guy, and it's *adorable* to cook/bake with him on Skype. (Mostly because the recipes were a bit foreign to him, so I was instructing and he was being a bit clumsy working with makeshift baking tools. And his biscuits still came out better than mine!!) It's also really cute to get to see the other person's expression when they taste the new dish, and one that they made.

Do you guys do sexy time on Skype? If so, and if it's something you're comfortable with, you could do something for him in that arena... a sexy striptease, or something else that he might enjoy that is within your comfort zone.

Good luck!
    Last edited by silvermoonfairy3; April 8, 2014, 01:15 PM.

Comment

I gave him most things in person, but what I did online was:
      * wrote him a poem and sent him
      * sent him pictures over mail or Viber
      * gave him an e-card for his birthday
      * sent him songs I recorded on mail or Skype
      * I also found some Questions for loves online and we used those for chat
      * Also, I guess the Open When-letters can be sent on e-mail, and also love letters in general
      * Some web pages will allow a "gift" option where things will be delivered to another person, or you can buy e-giftcards that he can download and use
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Assuming you're both using a computer - why don't you make him a desktop background! It really doesn't have to be anything super fancy either and you can do something meaningful and cute in paint like my man did for me:

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
        First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
        Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
        Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
        Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
        Married: 1/24/2015
        Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

If you guys have like a special song you both like you could make a sort of music/lyric video to it. i did this for my gf and she really loves it and still watches it whenever she misses me. there are a bunch of things that you can actually make and send to your SO just over the internet on the activities to do section on the main Loving from a distance website.
          there really are so many things you can do and make if you just think about what they like :3
          my girls <3

Josie (SO)
          Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
          Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
          Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
          Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
          Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
          Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
          Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
          All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

Thanks for the ideas.
            I don't lack determination, just the skill and ideas. That's why I asked for a few.
            Some things seem really sweet, but I doubt he would be into it, like singing together or the computer backround.
            And, I did look up these kind of stuff a lot, I was just wondering what you guys tried/did yourselves, that's all.
            Thanks anyways.

Comment

Working...
            X