Hourly Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hourly Journal

Once an hour, I write down some brief thoughts about what I'm doing or thinking or feeling. And she is doing the same. And at the end of the day we will send each other our day's worth of entries.

I got this idea from the 24 Hour Comic, where comic artists draw one comic strip each hour for a whole day. I thought that it would give us an opportunity to get a better sense of what a day of each other's life looks like, and also provide an interesting window into each other's minds. I think it's also cool to explore different forms of communication and how they show different facets of someone's personality.

I also like it because it isn't as invasive and emotional an act as sharing actual journals. This is something that you jot down quickly, without more thought or depth. So it's easy to share.

This is something we are trying for the first time today. So I will let you know how it worked after we've finished.

If it was for one day I might be able to do it, but I am way too busy for that to be something to do all the time.

Comment

This is such a cute idea! It's a nice way of seeing each other's day-to-day lives but without it being so in depth that it's boring :P

Comment

I agree it's a cute idea, but I'm too busy with work to have time to do it every hour. But hey, kudos to you . Hope you guys enjoy it.

Comment

I could do that, easily, being retired and my time my own, but there is no way my SO could do it with his job, on the road driving all day, working 70 hours a week.

TWO HEARTS BEATING AS ONE, LOVE BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN...

Nothing Can Keep Us Apart, Safe In Each Other's Heart

Comment

I love the idea and would melt, if my SO would do this for me. I'm a big words person, so this definitely appeals to me. However, my SO isn't much for writing. I don't think he'd want to do it. It is wonderful that you two can do this for each other. This would be something very memorable to keep as a memento for years to come. Thanks for sharing.

This could give us all ideas, if we are flexible. I imagine my SO and I could do this but use pictures instead of words. Every hour we could each snap a picture. At the end of the day, we could screen share via Skype all our pics and explain what we were thinking and doing at the time. Or, we could simply email them each time we take one. I might try this.

Comment

I don't see us doing this, but it sounds like a nice idea.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
              First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
              Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
              Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
              Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
              Married: 1/24/2015
              Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Yes of course this is just a one day only thing.

I work in a kitchen, and on a slow Tuesday like today it was easy to find half a minute to jot something down in my phone every hour. I was a bit surprised my SO agreed to do it with her job, but it worked fine for her too. We both missed a few hours. But, you know, it's just like texting people. It isn't that hard to do in the middle of something else.

We are both done now. I am happy with the results. The only problem was hers were way more romantic than mine. Haha. I mainly wrote like reports of what I was doing at the time. I'd say that it was enjoyable to see her being contemplative or reflective in that inward way. Like looking in on something personal, you know.

Anyway. I can see why this isn't for everyone. I would like to try it again though. I got a lot out of it.

Comment

Your variation is really good too Piratemama. I might try it too. Let me know if y'all do it and how it goes for you.

Comment

I think this is a lovely idea OP.

Comment

My SO would never remember to do that every hour, haha. Plus he's just too busy.
                      It would just be me doing it and he doing it everytime right after I've asked him to do it.

But it's a nice idea for people who do have time (and memories)

Comment

The picture version is super cute . I'm very visual.

Comment

Working...
                        X