Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double map heart glass pendant

Hi there!

Just wanted to share this necklace I made for myself and my boyfriend (his is copper). Hope you all enjoy!
    I gave it to him on my last visit from which I returned last Saturday. He loved it!
    I could post instructions if someone wants them.

:O this is adorable!!
    please do post instructions.. i'd love to make one for my SO and myself
    [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
    became official: 28.03.11
    first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
    second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
    our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
    third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
    fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
    surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
    viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
    jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
    my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

OMG, I love it!
      Do you have an etsy account? I would definitely buy one from you

Comment

That's so awesome!!
        I would totally try to make one!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
        Married April 18th, 2015!!
        Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

That is very cute

Comment

I do not have an Etsy account... I've considered it, but I'm not sure if I'm professional enough to make people pay for my crafts :P

Instructions:

I bought a set of trays, glass cabochons and chains from CandytilesStudio on Etsy, though there are probably several stores that sell them.

1. Find a map you'd like to use. I printed mine on photo paper, because regular paper got all smudgy when I applied the glue. Regrettably mine did smear a bit. Getting the sizes right was a hassle, I had to try several times.
            2. Put the pieces of your two maps together and tape them to each other (outside of where the heart would go). This is optional but made it easier to keep them in place.
            3. Using a small brush, apply mod podge (I made my own, Google for instructions) evenly over your maps.
            4. Carefully place your glass cabochon onto the maps. You can try squeezing out the excess glue with a card (like a credit card).
            5. Cut away the excess paper.
            6. Once dry (I left mine overnight), place some heavy duty glue (I used E6000) into your tray. Then place your glass cabochon with the maps onto it. I let mine dry for about 15 minutes before wearing.

I hope the instructions were clear enough, feel free to ask any more questions you have

Comment

I LOVE it. I'm too afraid I'd mess up though.

Comment

Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt. I would totally do this, but I'd make mine into key chains.

Ahhh. I love crafts. Lol.

Comment

For those who were interested, I did finally decide to open an Etsy store and sell these! The store name is PurrfectShinies.

Comment

This is extremely cute!

Comment

Working...
                    X