Summer In Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer In Ohio

Hi, so a small bit of background. I live on the South Coast of England, a lot of you might know what the weather is typically like over here, rain, cloud, sun (doesn't get too warm) and this summer I am flying to the US to meet my SO for the first time.

I will be flying out around the 17th July into August (trying to stay for a month, if not I'll be there for 2 weeks) and I have absolutely no idea what to pack.
    He has warned me it's going to be a lot warmer than I'm used to but this is going to be his first summer back in the states after living in Australia for 4 years so I wondered if anyone else can give me any hints.

Thanks
    Flying out to meet him for the first time: 16th November 2014 - 14th December 2014
    Flying out to meet him for the second time: 3rd June 2015 -18th July 2015
    Flying out to meet him for the third time: 12th December 2016 - 12th January 2017
    His first flight to me: April 2018 DENIED ENTRY
    Flying out to meet him for the fourth time: 23rd June 2018 - 7th July 2018
    Got Engaged: 12th December 2016
    Married: June 29th 2018
    Hoping to close the distance: 2019/2020

I'm going to visit my SO who lives in PA in June and am actually having the same sort of problem with knowing what to wear. I'm from Scotland and yeah we both get the same miserable weather most of the time. obviously i can't really give you too much advice apart from that it is probably going to be a lot lot hotter than you're used to so i'd say pack summer clothes as if you were going on holiday to somewhere like Spain or another typically hot country. take like shorts and t-shirts or dresses, something light that you won't be too hot in. my plan is just to take dresses and such and maybe one outfit for in case it rains or is a little bit cold. but yeah, weather around that time should be pretty hot so just pack summer clothes and you should be fine :3
    my girls <3

Josie (SO)
    Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
    Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
    Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
    Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
    Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
    Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
    Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
    All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

*Update*
      After lots of thinking and lots of talking, me and the SO have postponed my trip.
      He got made redundant the week before Christmas and hasn't been able to get another job so money is super hard. As it is he is relying on food stamps and the goodwill of his landlord not to throw him out.

He said if he can get a full time job by the middle of June I can still go over but I think it'll just be better if I wait until November and fly out to see him then.

Our birthdays are coincidentally in the same week so it will be nice... a little bit colder but it shouldn't be to bad. He was saying he wants to be able to rent movies, go do stuff (even though there isn't a huge amount in his town), buy a wii so we can have gaming times (for a 28 year old he is such a cutie).

I'm disappointed but I understand the reasons behind postponing.
      Last edited by bubblehits; May 14, 2014, 04:52 PM. Reason: adding more
      Flying out to meet him for the first time: 16th November 2014 - 14th December 2014
      Flying out to meet him for the third time: 12th December 2016 - 12th January 2017

Comment

In case you need to know for the future, or if kittyxuchiha11 is still wondering:

I'm farther north than Ohio or Pennsylvania, but during the summer it's typically very hot and humid. Shorts, sun dresses, tank tops, t-shirts, sandals, etc. are the norm where I'm from during the summer months. Sometimes at night it's cooler so you might want a pair of jeans and/or a sweatshirt.

sigpic

Comment

Ohio and PA will be really warm (80-100F) and quite humid. Shorts, tshirts, skirts, dresses, tank tops, sandals are all in order. Don't forget your sunscreen and sunglasses! The good news is they really crank the AC in the summer, but that means you should also bring a pair of jeans and a sweater if you're going out to eat somewhere, to the movies, etc.

Sorry your trip was delayed bubblehits but at least November will be much more pleasant weather-wise!
          In all the world there is no heart for me like yours.
          In all the world there is no love for you like mine.
          -- Maya Angelou

Comment

I live in Ohio. Today with humidity it was 42° C yes that is correct. It has rained quite a lot this summer. As far as clothes, I am not sure as weather in Ohio can be quite tricky.. I would say short sleeves though! Pack light and if you need to there are plenty of stores around to add to your wardrobe!!

Comment

I visited the Ohio last year during the summers. It was really very hot season but I did not feel it because of the half sleeves and light clothes. There I travel around its all attractions like Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Garden, Cincinnati Museum Center, Wright Brothers National Memorial and Fountain Square. During your trip don't forget to visit them all attractions.

Comment

Summer in Ohio sound really nice to me. Ohio is really a nice place to visit, and I think that everyone should visit the place once. It's really an attractive place to visit, and especially in summers it looks much beautiful. You don't forget to share your experience with us about your trip.

Comment

I shall Going back in May/June this time so it'll be warmer than my last visit where it snowed.
                  Feeling pretty excited. I'm either going to be in Ohio or Louisiana depending on when my SO moves.

Comment

Originally posted by bubblehits View Post
                    I shall Going back in May/June this time so it'll be warmer than my last visit where it snowed.
                    Feeling pretty excited. I'm either going to be in Ohio or Louisiana depending on when my SO moves.
                    Ahhhh Louisiana is so beautiful! My SO lives in Louisiana and I've been there a couple times. However, it is as south as it gets in the USA so be prepared for scorching hot weather!! Maybe not in May/June.. but in August it's gonna be hoooooooot.
                    [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
                    became official: 28.03.11
                    first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
                    second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
                    our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
                    third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
                    fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
                    surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
                    viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
                    jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
                    my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

Karel You're right Ohio is a beautiful place to explore, It is filled with many of the beautiful attractions, I have never explored the place but i think that i also
                      gonna love that whenever i'll get the chance to explore the place. It will be an more amazing and more fun to visit.

Comment

Working...
                      X