Video chat / couple app use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video chat / couple app use

Just curious to see how many people use video chat / couples apps?
    Neither
    10.81%
    Video chat (e.g., Skype) only
    37.84%
    Couples app (e.g., Couple, Avacado) only
    5.41%
    Both video chat and couples apps
    45.95%

My SO and I use the app couple mostly when we're both out and just want to give a little update on what we're doing or say hi. i think couple is such a great little app because of all the sticker packs you can get and there really is a sticker for everything. we normally just send each other stickers saying i love you or something like that and if we have a lot of time we'll have a little go on thumbkiss or sometimes even play hangman in the live sketch.
    For video chat we do sometimes do it but ever since the facebook messenger app added a call feature we've mostly just talked like that. we both have pretty bad mics on our webcams and since i have a desktop pc sitting up for hours on end just so she can see me is pretty tiring. it's really great being able to call her though because it's completely free and you just need internet for it to work.
    my girls <3

Josie (SO)
    Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
    Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
    Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
    Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
    Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
    Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
    Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
    All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

Dave and I use the Couple app to communicate when we are not at home, then use Skype to see each other.

If I need to get into contact with him urgently, I use Viber to speak to him. This came in handy last year. I am a pharmacist and I found out one of my patient's that I was close to had died. I left the store and called Dave immediately. Being able to talk to Dave and hear his voice helped immensely.

Comment

We've never skyped since he doesn't have a computer with a webcam or anything... and he doesn't have a phone that is compatible with the couple/pair apps. I can't wait until he hopefully does eventually since they're cute and I really want to use them and I want to be able to skype or facetime or some form of video communication with him!

Comment

My s/o doesn't have a smart phone yet, so we stick to Skype for the time being. Once he decides to join us in the modern age, though, I'll talk to him about apps like Couple or WhatsApp. My last relationship was long distance sorta (Brooklyn NY - Philadelphia PA, but we were both in school and couldn't see each other for months), and we used Couple, facebook messenger, and texting/phone calls. I thought the thumb kiss thing on Couple was kinda cute. It's really silly, but somehow comforting.

Comment

I use LINE on Android /Google Hangout on Computer /Tango on iPad now.

We started our relationship on Whatsapp though.

Comment

I think my SO and I have tried EVERYTHINGG!
              We used WhatsApp, iMsg, Facebook messenger, MSN, AIM, Skype, Couple.. we've tried it all, haha!
              Currently, we're using Skype to see each other every day and just text/Facebook message during the day when we're not home
              [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
              became official: 28.03.11
              first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
              second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
              our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
              third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
              fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
              surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
              viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
              jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
              my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

We prefer Google hangouts over skype because it's easier and it has cooler apps, so far I have yet to try the simultaneous video streaming with youtube but hopefully I'll get to do it one day. My favorite app to stay in touch with him is viber gotta love the stickers and the voice messages too

Comment

We prefer to Voice call on skype most days, every so often we put on the video too.
                  "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                  Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I tend to use Skype at home, and my partner and I just set up the Couple app and we had a lot of fun playing chase with the thumb kiss app, and the live sketch feature was hilarious. We also tried Avocado but we didn't like that as much as Couple. I sometimes use Facebook messenger to call her, although we're looking at switching to Viber for that.
                    Last edited by lordpsymon; August 28, 2014, 04:27 AM. Reason: Needed to add something
                    ---------------
                    Closed the distance: 14th January 2015

Comment

We use Skype a lot, also we are big on Viber.

We installed Couples (I use Between with my husband but I wanted a seperate for SO) but for some reason we can't get it to work, as it claims he has not signed up.
                      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
                      X