No announcement yet.

Give something yours/take something their when visiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking.......walmart sells some plain shirts for really cheap. I should buy one in his size (rofl) and wear it a few nights to bed before I leave. This way it smells like me AND it fits him.

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
      As we have started to live together part time, I leave some of my stuff with him in our flat. Before this, I forgot a dress that he kept smelling. He gave me a natural heart shaped stone (that he found on the beach where he works), I keep it in my backpack and whenever I miss him, I touch the stone. Also, we both wear LDR bracelets and he also wears a neckless and a braclet that I bought him. I made him books filled with love letters, internal stuff about us and pictures, and he looks in them when I am not there. And...I don't think he changed the bedding of our bed since I left because according to him, it has got my smell.
      That is all just too cute!!!!! <3 <3

Comment

What my SO and I usually do, is whenever we visit each other I take one of his shirts before we part. I sleep with it and it kind of became my adult "blankie." I can't sleep without it and whenever I miss him, I just cuddle up with it to remind myself that no matter the distance, he will always be with me.

Comment

Originally posted by MirandaBishop View Post
          That is all just too cute!!!!! <3 <3
          Thanks
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

When I visited my SO for the first time I left a couple of sweaters at his place, he used to hold and smell them before falling asleep at night. And I have one of his shirts, I asked for it before leaving and I often wear it to bed.
            Not sure it's relevant to the topic, but I also have the habit of writing a short message (usually a simple 'I love you') on one of the plane/train tickets I buy to meet or go places with him and sneak it into his backpack right before he leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by sugarkane92 View Post
              Not sure it's relevant to the topic, but I also have the habit of writing a short message (usually a simple 'I love you') on one of the plane/train tickets I buy to meet or go places with him and sneak it into his backpack right before he leaves.
              Awww that's so cute! Maybe I'll steal this idea

Comment

Last time he visited he forgot one of his shirts and one sock here, I offered to mail them to him but he told me to keep them for when he comes back, hopefully to close the distance once and for all next time. It's in a box but now you people have mentioned it I'm going to wear it! I haven't washed my bedsheets since he left yet (it's been less than a week though) because they smell like him.

Comment

I have a couple of his shirts. He loves seeing me in one of them when we are on Skype. He has toiletries here and I have some there.
                  To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

I can't wear most his clothes as they are all too small for me. I wore one of his big, loose sweaters once when I was cold and he offered me to take it, but I know his mum bought it to him and he also freezes easily so I simply couldn't take it. I have a pic of me wearing the sweater (with the cat in my lap) on my computer though, so I see myself wear it it every day
                    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

After I got him another one (a Norwegian brand that is very warm), I took his old sweater... I and my husband take turns to wear it when it is cold. He gave me his cardigan that I wear. And my husband gave him a belt.

Comment

We've visited each other quite a few times by now, and sometimes I think it's like we've already moved in with each other xD I have a few of his shirts, some perfume, some socks, some books - stuff that either gets forgotten or is left behind intentionally. I have a habit of always leaving a message behind whenever either of us leave - a slip of paper with a little message on it in his book or the like, something he won't see until he's at the airport/on the plane/when I'm gone, and it makes it a tiny bit easier to be separated

Met online: February 2011
                        Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

When I did washing at his place I accidentally took 2 of his shirts not looking at them properly. I was unpacking and found them. So I wore one and sent him a pic saying "oops.....I don't think this is mine"

Comment

Planning on doing this with my SO when I go over! Hoping to buy her a shirt and maybe wear it a couple of times before I leave so that she can have that in bed with her, or wear it to bed or whatever. And hopefully we can do it the other way around too so that I can take something back with me that can smell like her.
                            60 days until i fly to texas.
                            6th august 2017 - the day i made you mine.

Comment

He let me keep my favorite shirt of his. I left a lot of my things behind and I'll be leaving more in December as starting to move things over (shipping is expensive!!)
                              Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
                              All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

When I visited my SO I left behind one of my shirts that I used to wear all the time. It was one of my favorites. He said he wanted to be able to have something of mine that he has seen me use a lot. Then he gave me one of his shirts. I am very small in comparison to my boyfriend, so I look like I'm drowning in his shirt. But I still wear it all the time. It's usually my night shirt, but I've worn it to a few public places and family get-togetherness now :3 My boyfriend also gave me a tube of his deodorant because I absolutely loved his smell when I was there. He kept laughing at me when we would cuddle because I kept burying my face in his armpit so I could just smell him. :P As nasty as that sounds, it was amazing. He has the most amazing smell in the world to me. So now whenever I really miss him I just rub some of the deodorant inside of his shirt and snuggle under a blanket and just try to imagine he's there with me. I think he just has my shirt hung in his closet, but he said he sometimes sleeps with it when he misses me. Next time we see each other we will be closing the distance (a year from now) and he promised me that I could wear all of his shirts whenever I want. Hehe
                                ~~~ ~~~

First Met Online: March 13, 2014
                                Relationship Began: November 23, 2014
                                First Met In Person: June 10-24, 2015
                                Second Visit: December 16- January 6, 2015/2016
                                Closed The Distance: June 26, 2016
                                Got Engaged: February 1, 2018

Comment

Working...
                                X