No announcement yet.

Any "over 40?" members?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love this thread. I am turning 41 this month and I recently got into a LDR and I have been searching the internet for people my age who are going through this type of situation. Yay for me I found this place. Good to know I'm not alone.

Comment

I'm 53 & my SO is 54

Comment

Over 40 here and feel your pain. I am feeling the pain of starting fresh and falling for a man who is far from me. I feel like our relationship is worth it, but feel the pain and strain of a hard working man who has little time for communication. He and I text every day, so I am lucky there but he often works long hours and then has to go to bed so he can get up and work more hard hours. Sometimes when he calls he can barely keep his eyes open long enough to have a meaningful conversation.
        Love at any age is so tough. I have started over twice, this is my third time. It is never easy, often makes you feel less like you deserve to have a long term relationship, but it can work. I am always looking for friends too. Drop a line anytime!

Comment

Both of us are over 40...
          -Xtina

Comment

You are not alone! Welcome I'm a newbie like you & hopefully we can find some support and advice here!

Comment

I am 54 and my now husband is 59. This is my fourth LDR, and his first. This is my fifth marriage, and his third. His prior marriages ended up with divorce, while I went through it all, divorce, annulment, death. I have one child (adult), while my husband has 6 children (three of them still teens). I live in USA, he lives in France. I am of Russian origin, he of Portuguese. We met online in March, face-to-face in September, and got married in October. Now we are back to LDR for at least a year as the immigration case is pending (in order to bring him and his son to the USA to join me). While waiting, we SMS and do audio/video calls via Whatsap several times a day, and plan to continue visit each other every 6-8 weeks. Separation is hard but we both understand that we need to be patient and dedicated to our goal, to make a life together and forever. Love conquers all.

Comment

Wow! I hope you guys are hanging in there! Hugs.....I feel like I am never going to be with my SO because he is in Wales and I am in California and I can't leave because I have one child still in high school and dependent on me(she has anxiety issues) and of course all the paperwork problems that could happen if we started. He is 73 yrs old and I am 53. He has health problems but he did manage to fly here and hang out with me for a week not that long ago. He still has a SSN from when he lived here before because he worked with the army and police training dogs. So not even sure if he wants to live here. It would be better for him but he has everything he needs there but not me. Oh well.
                LeoJ

sigpic

Comment

Hello there, IttyBittyPilot!

I'm 44 and I think we can definitely swap stories. NO disrespect to the younger generation...but feelings, experiences, and emotions change as we get older by default. I just joined so this is coming several weeks after your initial post but I would love to stay in touch. Sending you hugs and strength!

Comment

Working...
                  X