Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Aromatic Phone! What will they think of next!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Aromatic Phone! What will they think of next!

I just heard about this last night on Jimmy Kimmel's show. It isn't out yet, but it really has potential for couples in LDR. Could really be fun, romantic...and more passionate than Skype video.

https://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...-sending-phone

I could imagine sending scents like the colognes, shampoos/conditioners, aftershave, etc. we use, or, as they suggest, food smells. Could be yummy fun.

TWO HEARTS BEATING AS ONE, LOVE BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN...

Nothing Can Keep Us Apart, Safe In Each Other's Heart

I can't help but laugh... I just imagine if we were still LD, his brother would get ahold of it and fart into it. Gross.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
    Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
    Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
      I can't help but laugh... I just imagine if we were still LD, his brother would get ahold of it and fart into it. Gross.
      That would be gross, for sure. But, from the article, I don't think that is how it works. You have to set it up by texting a description of the smell you are trying to send. The example they gave was creme brulee, described as caramel and brown sugar.

"To do that, you first have to download the oSnap app. Then you take a picture of, say, creme brulee. Inside oSnap you can tag the image with any of the 32 scents, which will initially focus on food and coffee aromas. These scents can be combined into more than 300,000 different smells. In the case of your creme brulee, you might want to choose something like malty caramel and brown sugar. After you tag this photo, it gets sent to your friend who will be able to smell those notes via the oPhone. Each oPhone is equipped with oChips, little cartridges that contain all of the scent information that disperse odours when air is spun over them."

Of course, both parties would have to have the O phone, and the app that goes with it. It isn't very expensive, from what the article says, but it would be difficult to carry around, because it won't fit in a pocket or purse, from the way it looks. I guess it would be something to use at home, connected to your PC or laptop. What I'm hoping is that eventually any phone you already have could be adapted, and eventually it will just become standard tech with iPhone, Android, and other more familiar phones we all already have. As I said, I can see a lot of potential for it to be very useful in LDR. Could be fun, romantic, even erotic. and the Skype experience could be made even more real than it already is.

Imagine Skype dates, like a Skype movie date, with the scent of hot, buttered popcorn, and the scent of a refreshing glass of Coke on the rocks. And then add in the scent of your cologne/aftershave, shampoo, etc. Could be so much fun!
      Last edited by AussieAmericanGirl66; June 19, 2014, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Wow, sounds amazing! But I guess these specific scents from your SO's cologne or perfume won't be in there.... Or you'd have to know the exact ingredients in the product :P

Comment

I'm wondering if they might eventually have a listing of specific brand names of cologne, perfume, aftershave, shampoo, etc. That would make it interesting and more real.

Comment

I just worry about the smells being too artifical, I really have a problem with overly artifical scents. The idea is cute, but I can imagine it'll take quite some tweaking before working well.

~
            It'll take a lot more than words and guns
            A whole lot more than riches and muscle
            The hands of the many must join as one
            And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Working...
            X