Reconnected after 13 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reconnected after 13 years

I originally met my fiancé 13 years ago through a dating call center (this was pre internet dating sites) when I was 19 and he was 25. When we met in person it was an instant connection. We dated for almost two years. It was very serious. He was my first love. We had moved in with each other and he even asked me to marry him. Then money became an issue. My parents could no longer pay for my college so I had to move home to finish school. We did the LDR but only lasted about 6 months. We tried. We visited, talked, everything but in the end I think we were just to young for the LDR. Our lives went on. I got married, had a daughter, and got divorced. He also was in a long term relationship and had two kids of his own. Then two years ago he messages me on FB. This was no easy task because I never changed my name back when I got a divorce (to many degrees and license to change). But despite the name issue he did find me. We talked off and on for the next two years. Then in May we started getting serious. I planned a trip to see him for his birthday. My daughter was with her dad but he had his kids. I was so nervous. I had not seen him for 15 years. But the minute we saw each other all the time melted away and we were 20 something again fresh and in love. It was like something out of a book. It was effortless. We could joke, talk, even just be together silently. And his kids were even cool and welcoming to me. Since that visit we have talked every day. We also text several times daily. Our kids know about our relationship as does our family and everyone couldn't be happier. As I said in the beginning he is my fiancé. He asked me to marry him. I am planning a trip to see him next month with my daughter and as a family we are going to get married. Then once I get the ok from the courts and we can move up there we will have a casual renewal of our vows for our friends and family. Despite the odds and years we have made it. We are truly a match made in Heaven. We are soul mates!!!
    Last edited by Kinderkimber; July 12, 2014, 08:18 AM. Reason: Editing

Wow what an inspiring story! I can really feel the love never faded. I wish you happy married life and being with him the second time around! God bless you both
    Its hard growing up without a father, but its easy when you have a fantastic mother who plays both roles.

Comment

Awwwww, I loved reading this. Good luck with everything!

Comment

Loooove your story! Thanks for sharing and good luck with everything!!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
        Married April 18th, 2015!!
        Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Loved your story, thank you for sharing.
          It was really inspiring to read; my SO and I also lost contact for many years because were were too young (I guess we still kind of are :P) but found each other again!
          [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
          became official: 28.03.11
          first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
          second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
          our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
          third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
          fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
          surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
          viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
          jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
          my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

I know this is from a few months ago but I just stumbled upon it and it's probably the cutest and sweetest thing I've ever read!! That is so great and I'm so happy for the both of you!!

Comment

Amazing! And so inspiring... How is everything going right now, if I may ask?

Comment

Working...
              X