Our 2nd Chance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our 2nd Chance

Rob and I originally met on myyearbook - now meetme. We were together about 6 months but never met in person. It went from emails, to texts, to phone calls, to Skyping. The first time we were supposed to meet in person, he ended up not being able to make it due to work. The second time he was supposed to come see me, I told him if he didn't show, we were done. Guess who didn't make it? I didn't hear from him for two weeks and when he finally texted me, I told him no excuses, it was done. I then got into an extremely bad rebound relationship.

After my rebound relationship ended, it seemed like I was getting signs about Rob. Opening a box, and a random picture of him was there. Constant things popping up about Indiana. Silly things but enough that I decided to send him a text. (No, I never deleted his number out of my phone.) After a deep breath and looking at my text about 100 times, I sent it. I didn't even know if it was his number anymore. Less than 3 minutes later, I got a reply. We continued to text over the next few days. Finally a phone call where all was explained. The funny thing was, if he had just told me the situation originally, all would have been fine. And I know some are wondering - no, it wasn't another woman.

I can't give you the exact date we got back together.....only that it was in November and after our birthdays, the 8th and 10th. I remember randomly asking him if we were exclusive again and got a "well I sure thought so" was the reply LOL. He knew I had a lot of trust issues to get through after what had happened the first time around and he said he would do all he could to prove to me that he was not going anywhere again.

We decided it was time to meet in person. I told him that I would fly to him because I wasn't ready to trust him to come to me yet. I arrived in Indy on Valentine's Day of this year and he was waiting with open arms at the airport. I went out again in May. He came to visit me last month. My 18-year old wanted him here for her high school graduation and he moved hell and high water to make it happen. He met my parents. They weren't sure at first because of what had happened before but by the end of his trip, they now think he is the one for me. He should be here again next month.

So, for now, we are in two different states. The plan is to see each other at least every 6-8 weeks and then to relocate to his home state of Texas in the next 8-18 months. A lot has to happen on his end for him to be able to make the move, so it's pretty up in the air at the moment. However, knowing it's coming makes the LDR worth while. So for those who say never give someone a second chance, sometimes it's well worth it.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Congrats on it working out for you! Maybe he's your one true love!!

Comment

This is inspiring for me personally. Thank you for sharing

Comment

I hope so, LadyDean. This time has been so much better. He now realizes how important communication is and that it's better to include me when it comes to decisions instead of doing what he thinks is best for me.

Thank you, Loving.
        To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Such a cute story!
          I really hope everything works out for the best when closing the distance

Comment

Wow what an inspiring story. It gives me high hopes. Lol. I wish you and your half a successful relationship. Love could be sweeter the second time around R&R.
            Its hard growing up without a father, but its easy when you have a fantastic mother who plays both roles.

Comment

Working...
            X