Sept 12th closing the Distance from Malaysia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sept 12th closing the Distance from Malaysia

Its been a long time since I have been here on the forums, but I thought I would chime in and say that we are finally closing the distance. We met online playing Mafia Wars on Facebook, back in 2009, Anya is from Malaysia and I live in Chicagoland. We first met when we travelled to Europe during the holidays(2010) and the last time we seen each other in person I travelled to Malaysia Xmas of 2011 for a month.

Last year November, we submitted a K1 visa and just last week, after putting it on hold for a bit while she finished her MBA studies, we were approved and she received her Visa last Thursday.

Anya's flight will be on the 11th of Sept. And soon as she gets here, we will be going on our first road trip together, to visit Family in Washington State. I figured what's a better way to actually see America for the first time then taking a 2,000 mile trip across the US.

Anyways, Just remember, If you truly Love each other, Don't give up. The distance wont be there forever, but your love will....

Anya and John

Congrats!!

The road trip sounds like a great idea as well! I'm sure that will be a lovely experience

Comment

Originally posted by LovingAcrossTheAtlantic View Post
      Congrats!!

The road trip sounds like a great idea as well! I'm sure that will be a lovely experience

yeah, We plan to take I90 most of the way and take a Detour through Yellowstone, I have never been there, so that will be something new for both of us. Once in Washington, I will finally get to take Anya to all the place she has just seen in pictures(Mt. Rainer, Seattle, Wa. coast, ect.....) and Family. Then on the way back to Chicago will take I84(Columbia River Gorge) and then all the way to the Rocky mountain National Park and then head back to Chicago. If we flew back to Washington, she would miss so much of the Country, that she wont get to see in Chicago.

Cant wait 53 days, 20 hours, 13 minutes

Comment

Sounds like a long wait finally coming to sweet ending :-)
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

That's wonderful. Congratulations!

Comment

Love you baby

Originally posted by theboz View Post
            Its been a long time since I have been here on the forums, but I thought I would chime in and say that we are finally closing the distance. We met online playing Mafia Wars on Facebook, back in 2009, Anya is from Malaysia and I live in Chicagoland. We first met when we travelled to Europe during the holidays(2010) and the last time we seen each other in person I travelled to Malaysia Xmas of 2011 for a month.

Last year November, we submitted a K1 visa and just last week, after putting it on hold for a bit while she finished her MBA studies, we were approved and she received her Visa last Thursday.

Anya's flight will be on the 11th of Sept. And soon as she gets here, we will be going on our first road trip together, to visit Family in Washington State. I figured what's a better way to actually see America for the first time then taking a 2,000 mile trip across the US.

Anyways, Just remember, If you truly Love each other, Don't give up. The distance wont be there forever, but your love will....

Anya and John
            12.15.2009 - Meet through online games, he is my Hero
            02.14.2010 - Dating
            04.28.2010 - His first proposed
            12.22.2010 - First meet@London (My first white Christmas)
            [Long.distance: Skype, Whatsapp, Messenger, eCard, eGifts]
            12.29.2011 - He visit my parents@Kuala Lumpur
            01.05.2012 - His second proposed heart.gif
            02.20.2013 - B2 Rejected
            06.19.2013 - K1 visa application documents mailed to John
            12.20,2013 - Packet 3 received
            05.20.2014 - Checklist and DS-230 sent
            06.25.2014 - Packet 4 (Appointment letter) received
            07.02.2014 - Medical Exam
            07.11.2014 - Medical Exam result received
            07.15.2014 - Final Interview
            07.18.2014 - K1 visa secured.

Comment

Congrats, that's awesome!
              When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far,
              no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart.

Comment

Congrats! When you are on I84 in Utah, definitely stop at Devil's Slide and take some pictures it's a very beautiful rock formation and something to not be missed (they have a pull off area where you can go and take pictures).

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Congratulations!!

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Thanks, everybody

Originally posted by Anya View Post
                      Love you baby
                      And I Love you..............52days.......13 hours.....15 minutes to go until I can say that when you are standing in front of me.

Comment

Congrats on the Visa and closing the distance!
                        Have an awesome time in Washington; the west coast is beautiful!
                        [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
                        became official: 28.03.11
                        first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
                        second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
                        our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
                        third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
                        fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
                        surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
                        viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
                        jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
                        my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

Congratulations !

I hope I will live that moment for me too.

You are lucky

Comment

Working...
                          X