Cute craft ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cute craft ideas?

I love to make things and I want to make things to send to my SO!

If anyone has ideas for craft projects, pictures of things they made for their SO or that their SO made for them, I would love to hear about it/ see them!
    Met: 2.20.10
    Started Dating: 4.22.10
    Been an LDR since: 4.22.10
    First time meeting irl: 6.28.10 - 7.18.10
    Last time I saw my SO: 9.16.10 - 9.22.10
    Closed the Distance: 10.9.10

I love to knit! So for my boyfriend's birthday last year I made him a blanket
    The picture isn't that great, but here ya go

Comment

Originally posted by paulawriteslove View Post

WOW! That's amazing Paula!
      I can knit...but I don't have the patience to knit something THAT big.
      That's amazing! Good for you!
      This little girl's heart is California bound.

Comment

Wow! That's great! I am knitting my SO a scarf right now but idk how to make a blanket ;-; lol

Comment

There are alot of cute craft things to do.. I unfortunatly dont have the money to do them.. I do want to make a pull tab braclet for my sunshine I only have the problem of not actually drinking soda/pop from a can when I finally get all of the matereals(splt wrng) gathered up I will try to add a picture since I dont know how yet ...

EDIT: here is a link that I found that has some cute idea's.. I have done a few before but for immediate family members not my sunshine, I cant afford to send him package's ... :-(

Comment

If you don't know how to knit, you could alway just buy a big piece of fleece and cut the edges into strips (make the cut about 2 inches into the fleece every inch or so all along the edges) then tie a knot into each strip. Voila! Fleece blanket! It's super easy and in-expensive, but still something you made and put time into. I'm planning on doing this for my SO's birthday next month, so I'll post pictures when I do.
            First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 5000miles View Post
              If you don't know how to knit, you could alway just buy a big piece of fleece and cut the edges into strips (make the cut about 2 inches into the fleece every inch or so all along the edges) then tie a knot into each strip. Voila! Fleece blanket! It's super easy and in-expensive, but still something you made and put time into. I'm planning on doing this for my SO's birthday next month, so I'll post pictures when I do.
              aww thats a cute idea actually! Another easy thing you could do is add like.... add patches of patterned cloth to it by sewing them on and personalize it or something too~
              Thanks for sharing that!

Comment

I'm thinking about doing the 12 days of Christmas with a picture postcard for each day and something corny written on it. I will just print out a picture of us, glue a cardboard or posterboard backing to it, and ship it in the mail with my little love note written on it.

I thought that would a neat craft suggestion.
                First date: 12.27.09
                Started the distance: 6.10.10
                Finished the distance: 8.17.12

J & C

Comment

Go to your local Michael's or JoAnn Fabrics, they have lots of crafts and all sorts of stuff.

Comment

This is an easy way to fold up a written letter:
                    Folded Heart

I folded up a piece of notebook paper on Skype the other day as he watched, and "gave him my heart" lol...
                    We collided and fell out of nothingness... scattering stars like dust

Comment

I plan to do a countdown calendar for him with reasons why I love him written on it every day, but it's too soon for me now.

Anyway, have a look there:

https://www.lovingyou.com/content/ro...romance101.php

There's much more, I just don't have time to scrutinise that site right now, sorry!

Comment

I saw this in a online store, for purchasing custom items. But this is craft you can do so easy yourself!

All you have to do is:
                        1. Count how many letters are in your name plus his. Then choose some favorite pictures of you and him that equal that amount (plus one more for the heart between your names) All your photos can be of the 2 of you together, or it could be all photos of you for your name, all photos of him for his name, with the heart in the center being a picture of both of you together. Or (and this one is good if you two have no photos of you together) switch back and forth between each letter, you being the one letter and him being the next letter.
                        2. Edit all the pictures to be black and white
                        3. Print them out and cut them into letters, or if you are handy with the computer make them into letters on the computer first- then cut them out.
                        4. Find a picture frame the correct size for the words, with a couple extra inches left over on the length and height.
                        5. Find construction paper in the color you want for the background. For a more high-end look choose wallpaper material or fabric for the background instead (in a solid color or in a nice pattern if its not too busy).
                        7. A. Tutorial for making a wallpaper background: https://www.ehow.com/how_4507023_mak...ed-frames.html
                        B. Tutorial for making a fabric background: https://www.ehow.com/how_6749515_mak...ed-frames.html
                        8. Then glue on your photo letters (if you are using fabric for the background, you could use iron on transfer paper instead and print out your letters on that- no awkward gluing involved)
                        9. All done!

Comment

This might be too girly for some guys tastes...
                          But is a great craft DIY gift to set a romantic mood during online dates.

Tutorial:
                          https://www.kootoyoo.com/2010/07/how...ly-lights.html

Or (more manly) Matrix Tin Can Latern:

Tutorial: https://blog.craftzine.com/archive/2..._luminary.html

Comment

for my boyfriend's birthday before we left for school, i wrote him a letter but i wrote it on a huge piece of poster paper that was 6 feet long..i then replaced certain words with candy bars/candies. it was fun and he loved it so that was a plus!

Comment

All very nice ideas!
                              Originally posted by paulawriteslove View Post

And that is amazing! I don't know how you've done it but that's just great! I'm knitting wool socks for my BF for Christmas They will keep him warm when I'm not with him!
                              How lucky I am to have something that makes saying good-bye so hard!

Comment

Working...
                              X