Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd anniversary gift: dinner in a box and??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd anniversary gift: dinner in a box and??

For our second anniversary, I want to send my boyfriend the ingredients to make a dinner we cooked together on our first Valentine's Day. It's a shrimp pasta, so I can't send him all the ingredients because they would go bad between Maryland and California, but I think it's a sweet idea. Any ideas for a dinner that would keep if I can't find my old cookbook and need second option? I thought about "food from our first year together to celebrate the second" but most of what we shared in our first year was gross college food.

I also want to get him something else but can't decide what. Originally I was going to get him an American Regional English dictionary (sounds lame, but he's a writer and could use it to write dialogue) but it turned out that the dictionary is a set of 6 and each is ~$125. He is into movies, TV, boxing, clothes and shoes (but definitely does not need to be given more shoes). The hardest part about buying him a gift is that it can't be something his family would notice (like flowers or framed photos) because they don't know about me. I want to get him something that he can keep and think of us.

Gifts I've given him in the past for holidays, birthdays, etc: a fancy lighter with his name engraved in Arabic (his family is Indian/British/Pakistani and he studied Arabic and used to smoke a lot), sleepy tea for his sleep issues and the extended version of The Hobbit, a gift card to a cafe in his new city, a handmade book safe (carved out book for hiding things) and candy.

Also, if it changes your suggestions, I'm going to suggest that he get me a record because he never knows what to do for gifts. I've been meaning to add to my record collection, but I never buy them for myself. And I'll have it forever and will always remember he picked it out for me!
    Last edited by LizH; August 28, 2014, 12:26 PM.

The dinner in a box sounds cool! What about a gift card? Then it can be sent in a card or electronically an his family don't know.

Comment

Working...
    X