?? about international calling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

?? about international calling

Hello everyone-i saw a post on here earlier about international calling plans/apps, but now i cant find it. I am in the USA, my so in the Netherlands, we normally use viber o
    r line, but have a really bad problem with dropped calls and horrible connections. I thought i saw somewhere where i could call him for around $12 per month for so many minutes...but now i cant find it.

My GF and I use Viber and very rarely have problems with it (we use it on WiFi). We also use Skype on our cells. I don't know of any more but I'm sure others will be able to help you.

Comment

I use Hangouts, and very glad they have just released an updated version on Android, (I can use my tablet or phone and not tied to my laptop for the call duration so can cook/garden or the like now) as I always call my GF for free on my wifi to her mobile directly, rather than App to App using data on her end. (any US local or Mobile number is free, but not the other way round).

It does mean that we have to schedule the call in advance and I am the one that rings her, but never had any issues with sound quality or drop outs.

Comment

I use Viber, FaceTime and FaceTime audio with my girlfriend. I use it with Wi-Fi, 3G and 4G and to be honest we never really had a problem. We FaceTime while I'm using the 3G so I can show her a monument when I'm in the historical part of my city, or when I'm not at home. Well, that doesn't mean I don't believe your calls get disconnected, but using the internet rather than your phone operator will give you a lot more sound quality in your calls. This doesn't really answer your question, but do you guys have a good WiFi connection, maybe that's what it's making the calls drop. Also be aware that if you open a music app, or a game during the call, or if your SO does the same (Spotify, Deezer, etc) you will stop hearing each other until one clicks in the Viber tab again, maybe that's what is happening (it may sound stupid, but me and my girlfriend were doing this and we only figured it was because of those apps that would pause the call).

Wish you all the best!

Comment

We use viber, skype or facetime. I have recently bought 120 mins each month for a year for a total of under €25.
          My SO got 60mins a month for about $3.
          My wifi has been really bad lately and with these minutes he can always call me even when I dont have wifi.
          Just go to the skype website. They have a webshop where you can get this.

Comment

Working...
          X