21 Years Later We Start Anew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

21 Years Later We Start Anew

21 years ago me and my SO were set up by a mutual friend. Although we went to college together , she was 2 years older and we did not really know each other. We went out for two weeks and, unknown to me, she had just ended a long term relationship. After a couple weeks of things not going anywhere, I stopped calling. Fast forward almost 22 years and I now live out West. I have a 13 year old son and she still lives in the South, 2000 miles away. While talking to my counselor one day, she suggested that I contact people from my past who I had wronged like you see done in 12 step programs. My SO was one of those. I sent her a message on Facebook asking if I could contact her and she said yes and sent me her number. I called her and I was extremely nervous. After a couple of days I finally apologized to her for my actions 20 something years ago. She said it took courage to call and forgave me on the spot. This was in March of this year. We immediately had excellent conversation just as we did over 20 years ago. While talking I found out she had never married and she found out that I was now single but I have a son. Things progressed and we finally met in July for the first time when she flew out to see me. It was "love at first sight". I've then spent six days with her at her home in September. Needless to say neither one of us has ever done anything like this before so we are very new to it. I found this site last night and realize there is a future for us even though we're so far apart. If not for my son, I would move tomorrow but being a parent brings responsibilities with it so we have to figure out what we're going to do. But in the meantime, we are enjoying our long distance relationship having fallen head over heels with each other.Thanks for all the great advice on this site.

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Hello and welcome to LFAD that's great news I'm so happy for you both.

Comment

Hi Tvarish!

I'm brand new here; I'm a year older than you and my story has many similarities to yours. Hope your situation works out for the best, please continue to update your story as time goes by. It's good to know there's another guy on here around my age and with a similar story/background!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!
          Thanks for sharing you story; it must have been meant to be if you were able to reconnect after so many years!
          [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
          became official: 28.03.11
          first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
          second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
          our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
          third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
          fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
          surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
          viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
          jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
          my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

Working...
          X