Changing dates on plane ticket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing dates on plane ticket?

I hope anyone knows something about this...
    Last July I booked a ticket to fly from Amsterdam to the US through US Airways.
    The date on the ticket is Oct 9th. But now I have a couple extra days off before that. I would LOVE to surprise my SO and go there sooner. But, can I change the date on the ticket? I've done some googeling but it isn't really helpful. Does anyone have experiences with this?
    Thanks in advance!

Shouldn't the info be included in your ticket or booking webpage/account? I've never traveled with US Airways but all the tickets I've bought have had mention of whether changing is possible and at what fee.
    I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

You may be able to, call the customer care number and ask. It'll cost you no less than $200, probably quite a bit more, unless you bought an expensive fully refundable ticket.
      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Uh oh... Okay. Thanks! Maybe that's a little much for 3 extra days. I'll definitely call them in the morning.

Comment

I thought it was unless bought a flexi fare ticket, you have to pay extra to change the date. Although I'm not sure different airlines and countries have different policies.

Originally posted by VeraRyan View Post
          Uh oh... Okay. Thanks! Maybe that's a little much for 3 extra days. I'll definitely call them in the morning.
          Yeah if you don't have the money to spend that'd be hard. To me thought if it's only $200 I'd pay that for 3 whole extra days. But you might have accommodation costs and what not. Plus if money is tight, I'd understand that completely.

Hope it all works out and they can change it for you.
          Check the conditions on the email too. Some can allow changes or one change as long as it's 48 hours prior to your flight. I did that for a domestic flight, maybe they have a similar thing for international flights.

Comment

Just call. Each airline is different. I know United charges $150, but my SO was able to have that waived for a friend of ours this past July. It probably depends on the agent and what kind of story you can spin for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Redheart14 View Post
              Yeah if you don't have the money to spend that'd be hard. To me thought if it's only $200 I'd pay that for 3 whole extra days. But you might have accommodation costs and what not. Plus if money is tight, I'd understand that completely.

Hope it all works out and they can change it for you.
              Check the conditions on the email too. Some can allow changes or one change as long as it's 48 hours prior to your flight. I did that for a domestic flight, maybe they have a similar thing for international flights.

Yes. Well, my SO would be working the extra days. He called yesterday an they said it was €300 and 35€ for administration plus the difference in the two tickets. It could be around €400/€500 then.
              That sucks! That's at least half of my next ticket!

Comment

Working...
              X