Meeting for the first time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meeting for the first time

I meet my girlfriend in 31 days, and I'm so nervous. I still need to ask my mum to meet her. I'm scared my mum will say no, on top of that I'm scared about our first meeting, what if it goes wrong? or she's not who she says she is? I feel bad for thinking that, I trust her a lot, but there is that small bit of paranoia that I'll turn up and she wont be there...I love her to pieces I'm well I guess I'm Just nervous. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on how to stay as calm as possible on the first meeting and any tips on how I can approach my mum about the subject of meeting someone off the internet?

I recommend taking a friend, for safety reasons and to ease the nerves a bit. My mom was pretty okay with the whole "meeting online friends" thing, so I'm not sure what advice to give there. Just be honest with her, I suppose, or ask her to go with you so she knows you're safe.

Comment

have you guys skyped or face timed? i would definitely recommend that before meeting, it also makes you more comfortable. you know your om, you would know if she would freak out, but i would just say you're meeting a friend, not make it a big deal unless you're traveling very far. but i would also want you to be safe so tell friends.

Comment

Working...
      X