Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Ticket Prices for Short Notice Flights (domestic US)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Ticket Prices for Short Notice Flights (domestic US)

Hi all. I am looking for tickets within the US for a trip at the very latest in mid-December. Were do you look for lower end (if possible!) tickets when the date is only 1-2 months out? I am looking to fly from MSP to FWA (Ft. Wayne, IN - ideal!) or IND (Indianapolis, IN) if that helps. Spirit doesn't fly into IN, otherwise I'd just book through them!

I'd love your insight!
    Last edited by Bluejay Belle; October 6, 2014, 11:32 AM.
    ~~~

You can check something like Kayak.com and it'll search lots of airlines at once.

It doesn't check Southwest, though, and they often have cheap ones, so be sure to check Southwest separately.

Also, I'm not sure about in your area, but 5 months in advance here (New England) would definitely be too far out to get the best price. Usually month and a half, two months is the earliest I'd buy tickets.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by silvermoonfairy3 View Post
      You can check something like Kayak.com and it'll search lots of airlines at once.

It doesn't check Southwest, though, and they often have cheap ones, so be sure to check Southwest separately.

Also, I'm not sure about in your area, but 5 months in advance here (New England) would definitely be too far out to get the best price. Usually month and a half, two months is the earliest I'd buy tickets.

Good luck!
      Oh duh, 5 months was for Europe. It's a Monday morning and I'm worried about this ticket it looks like!

I haven't ever looked at Kayak though, thank you!
      ~~~

Comment

I would also check Southwest. I use them a lot when I fly out of Indy.

Comment

honestly i just google "cheap flight from A to Z" and then it uses it's own program to search and i managed to fly a flight from the UK to NY for $400 2 months out so it's what i'm going to use from now on

Comment

I've had pretty good luck with Skyscanner.

Comment

I'm not sure if this will be of any help, but perhaps for the future you could look into flying Frontier for your next flight.
              My fiance and I have been using this airline for the past six months or so, and it definitely has cut down on our travel expenses.
              I know for a fact that Indianapolis is a Frontier hub, so I would check online!

Best Wishes.

Comment

I always use the site skyscanner, I have used it many times including international flights always get the best prices! Cost me 202$ to fly from Baltimore to Seattle just a few weeks in advance!

Comment

I fly in and out of Indy to see my SO. I find that Orbitz and Hotwire have the best deals. I used Hotwire and flew for almost $350 cheaper than Southwest.
                  The only thing is, to get that deal you don't see your flight times (the flights are on the day you choose) or airlines until after you book. If you can be pretty flexible, it's a good deal.
                  To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Personally I tend to have good luck with Google Flights and with Hotwire--just be sure to clear out your cookies in your browser (websites will track the flights you've looked at previously and raise prices by about 30$....yikes!).
                    Also, Student Universe has reasonably priced flights (since it's a site designed for college students).
                    Booking to fly on Tuesdays and Thursdays usually has the cheapest weekly prices too!

Good luck! Happy flying!

Comment

Working...
                    X