Skype is awesome...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skype is awesome...

Normally my SO and I chat on a video chatting website, no sound, but because his laptop is broken at the moment, we skyped instead with his ipad and my laptop... and it was easier for him to just talk rather than type on the ipad screen, and omg. It's TOTALLY different when you include talking to each other ! Ahhh. I am filled with love right now. It was super awesome. And nerve wracking, and slightly awkward and ahh. Anyone else feel this way ? lol.

Skype is great i have Skyped with him for a year now, it is not much we can't do over Skype
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Skype has been the bread and butter of our relationship. It started off kinda nervous like. Now it has grown to being the thing we both want at the end of the day. Because there is nothing like fullfilling communication and seeing them need. Without skype we'd not be as close.

Comment

I've just noticed that I've never Skyped with my girlfriend... but we use FaceTime, she doesn't really enjoy Skype, she claims it's buggy (silly :P). But I use it on a daily basis to talk to my father who is in Brazil and I absolutely love it!

The first time I spoke to her on video chat was so awkward, we didn't know what to say, now we always have something to talk about eheh!

Comment

I'd die without skype. lol. When I went to visit for the first time it honestly felt like not that much changed (except we could kiss! so missing that), since we'd spent so much time with skype on for hours and hours while we did normal daily stuff, including sleeping with the call on.
          Last edited by LiviBunneh; November 1, 2014, 05:14 PM.

Comment

skype is life. haha

Comment

Uhh, Skype saves my life... Though my internet is so poor at the moment (and so is his since he's still in India) that we're not able to voice or video chat :/ But we've done it so many times before that I know how awesome it is. At least it's good way to chat by typing, too Better than nothing!

Comment

I live for Skype. I have nooo idea where my relationship would be without Skype, haha.
                We progressed from MSN (back when it existed) on to Skype and have been using it for the past 6-7 years (or however long it's been popular for)!
                The quality sometimes isn't the greatest but it's nice with all it's different functions.
                [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
                became official: 28.03.11
                first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
                second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
                our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
                third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
                fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
                surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
                viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
                jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
                my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

Lol, we've never Skyped. We're weirdos.

Comment

Originally posted by lovefrom2800milesaway View Post
                    I live for Skype. I have nooo idea where my relationship would be without Skype, haha.
                    We progressed from MSN (back when it existed) on to Skype and have been using it for the past 6-7 years (or however long it's been popular for)!
                    The quality sometimes isn't the greatest but it's nice with all it's different functions.
                    Aw mannn I miss MSN- those were the daysss. We could play MSN games together and look through a photo album at the same time. ;-; I kinda liked it better than Skype xD.

Comment

Originally posted by TooFarAway View Post
                      Aw mannn I miss MSN- those were the daysss. We could play MSN games together and look through a photo album at the same time. ;-; I kinda liked it better than Skype xD.
                      Oh my god, I forgot about MSN Messenger. Lmao. It always used to disconnect me.

Comment

I love Skype. I have it on my lap top and he has it on his phone. Half the time we use it he's driving (shhhhhh) and has me set up, hands-free, on his dashboard. He says at least he's still facing forward instead of constantly being distracted by me in passenger seat when I'm actually there. The only bad thing is most of the time it's dark so he can see me just fine but I only get to hear his voice.
                        To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

I love Skype. I have it on my computer and phone he has it on his flight phone. I get to see him, hear him and say Hi to the cat. Sometimes he has Skyped me from work. Sometimes I have sent him songs.
                          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I love skype, we skype on our laptops and it is our lifeline besides Whatsapp messenger which we use on our phones. I love that fact we can see each other everyday and talk about everything and anything. Whatsapp is great for messaging and voice recordings and sending each other photos. It's great we can share photos on skype as well, and documents and we can also share screens, which is handy when I have a web page to show him or folders on my desktop. We tried sharing screens to watch a movie once, but he didn't like how white the film went and he couldn't hear it well. What we do now is he starts a movie on his tv and he puts his laptop close to his tv so I can watch the movie with him, it works much better that way.
                            I remember the MSN messenger days! It was cool how you could play games together with friends, it was my main kind of social network when I was a teenager before I joined facebook in 2007. I think skype is better quality than MSN ever was, but they both had positive things about them. I remember Yahoo also had a messenger, and AOL but I never used those.
                            Also I remember MSN had moving emoticons(Large or small size) and it was so funny sending it to my friends and I remember laughing using it as a prank, fun times.
                            Last edited by vicks5721; December 10, 2014, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Yup I'm Skype groupie lol

I have it on my phone and laptop. He has it on his phone. Our other love is Whatsapp and Viber. I'm in LDR with not just my SO but my friends and family. Without Skype and these other apps we communication would be so much harder.

We Skype every weekend for hours and sometimes on weekdays depending on his schedule.
                              Met Online : July 2013
                              Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
                              2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
                              3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
                              Proposal : December 2014
                              Closed distance : February 2015
                              Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

Working...
                              X