No announcement yet.

Skype is awesome...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am in love with Skype! It definitely makes my LDR a bit easier to handle. We are fortunate and get to Skype almost every night of the week.

Comment

We Skype all the time, as long as my internet isn't dying. My sister eats a lot of bandwidth as she is ALSO in an LDR with her fiance. Both of us Skype our significant others whenever we can, I just get more time when my sister is at work! My laptop used to be mobile and I would Skype her closer to the router, but that one broke so I have a hand-me-down that needs an external monitor, so I'm stuck in here!

We can't sleep without a sleep call anymore :c
      Met: Apr 2013
      Mutual interest: July 2013
      Relationship Began: November 6 2013
      First Visit (Her to Me): July 4 2014
      Second Visit (Me to Her): Jan/Feb 2015 Postponed due to sister having baby
      Second Visit! (Her to Me again): June 16 2015 - July 4 2015
      Engaged: June 29 2015 <3
      Third Visit: (Her to me, working on it) January 19 2016 - February 2 2016

Comment

Skype is a life saver! However we have to use Line due to phone compatibility. But we started out with Skype. I was giggly and nervous and he was silly but it was great. He plays piano sometimes, not as often as he used to, but being able to watch him play is always amazing.

Comment

Skype is amazing!

Comment

Skype is very awesome! I love our Skype time...mostly he shows me funny videos, we talk, or we "cuddle"(i.e cuddling the phone lol) and yeah screen kisses are involved haha. Without Skype my LDR would be lacking, as there is nothing quite like seeing them, talking to them and hearing their voice...*sighs happily* sometimes we just sit and stare and compliment each other haha. We also sing to each other <3
            ~xClaryAsunax~

Comment

My relationship basically went into full force the first time my SO and I skype'd and we've done it damn near every single day since. It's like you get past the worry that they're not catfishing you and you get to see their mannerisms and behavior and just stare at that face you love so much xD.
              "The Only Heaven I'll Be Sent To,
              Is when I'm Alone With You."

Met: Sometime in 2016
              Started Relationship: August 9, 2017
              First Visit: December 7, 2017
              Closed the distance: February 9, 2018

Comment

I love using Skype! It's so much fun to be able to see each other outside of pictures and stuff. I used to be really nervous about it (I am extremely camera shy), but after a few times of doing it, I started to really enjoy it. My boyfriend and I try to Skype at least a couple nights a week. We talked for a while on there last night, and I actually fell asleep during the call. Never had that one before..... LOL! He said it was cute though.
                ~~~ ~~~

First Met Online: March 13, 2014
                Relationship Began: November 23, 2014
                First Met In Person: June 10-24, 2015
                Second Visit: December 16- January 6, 2015/2016
                Closed The Distance: June 26, 2016
                Got Engaged: February 1, 2018

Comment

This is actually how I met my SO. Sometimes technology is great to keep in contact. We skyped 24/7 everyday even with 6 hours apart difference. It would change soon. I hope for many of us in a LDR use this more often. Its so nice to have a companion, and they would be the first to see you sleeping and waking up before you.
                  It's not about the looks, it's about the personality.

Comment

Skype is wonderful - we use it and just continue with what ever we were doing anyways, so that it's like we can be in the same place together.
                    I love Skype.

Comment

My relationship with my boyfriend started on skype. We were friends on a chat group and we started chatting on skype when we were playing games together. Without skype my boyfriend and I probably wouldn't of got together.
                      Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
                      All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

Skype has been an absolute blessing. We've Skyped most days since he left and it is so good being able to see each other and hear each others' voices. We still do miss each other of course but it makes it a lot less difficult.

Comment

Agreed, Skype is brilliant! I used to do video calls on Viber with my bf but then I downloaded Skype and found that the quality is much better.

Comment

I use skype every day to speak with my fiance. We have talked every day without fail for over a year. We have done video chatting every day on skype since August. I don't know what I would do without it!! That and the TextMe app on my phone haha

Comment

I completely agree, without Skype, I'm not sure what would've happened! Well, I know my phone bill would be outrageous but that's about it. Glad it's a free service ^^
                              Tho I do also agree with those above, MSN was awesome too.

Comment

8 hours calls on average a day for the last 3 years? Skype has been our life (and Whatsapp) - don't know what I'd do without it!

Comment

Working...
                                X