k1 visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

k1 visa

my fiance and I are going through the k1 visa process and we are on the second step, waiting for the US embassy to send me a letter saying to come for an interview and have a medical exam. It feels like such a waiting game now, but also we are excited we know we will be together very soon at last, by at least late November, early December. Our visa petition was approved after 3 months and we used a visa company called Rapidvisa which is based in Colorado, USA to help us with doing all the paperwork and they were very helpful very step of the way and made sure we included what we needed to in the petition and that we filled in the forms correctly. We are going to use Rapid Visa again when applying for my adjustment of status later on.
    I am wondering what everyone's experiences are of the k1 visa process and maybe any advice we can share with each other.

I recommend if you are considering applying and you haven't yet, use a visa company, never use a lawyer they charge far too much I have heard and they are unreliable to give support when needed.
    Also trying to complete the petition without help is possible, but difficult to do alone.

Hey! I actually picked up my visa yesterday morning I'm glad you got approved so quickly and wish you good luck on the upcoming steps!
    Only one questions, is it true that you have been together since February and have sent out a fiance visa after being together for 5 months?

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
    First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
    Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
    Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
    Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
    Married: 1/24/2015
    Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

We have been together 8 months in total and I know it may seem like 8 months is a short amount of time, but we know we love each other and we are happy. I am 25 and he is 27 and we talk on skype everyday and whatsapp phone messenger and we have had 8 months to get to know each other I don't work so we have had lots of hours after he finishes work each day to talk on skype and weekends we talk more as he doesn't work.

Comment

it has been 5 months since we filed the visa petition though

Comment

Well, I hope everything keeps moving fast for you! The interview is not as scary as it sounds, at least for me it wasn't The medical was quick, but sadly really expensive. I payed 200€ just for the exam and an additional 104€ for vaccinations, but at least now I have everything I need for the next 5 years

Comment

I'm actually in Minnesota with my SO in England, near Manchester. We're doing the K-1 Visa by ourselves and I just got the approval notice for my part of the visa after 2 months of waiting. I'm so excited. Now I need to get my stuff together and send it to my SO. I'm currently figuring out the process over in England and getting my SO set up for medical testing and an interview. It's scary doing it alone, but I think we're doing pretty well.

I currently use the website www.visajourney.com and the government websites to do my research and getting everything ready.
            *First visit- 6/15/13-6/29/13*

*Second Visit- 6/21/14-7/5/14*

*My part of the K-1 Visa approved on 10/23/14*

*Fiancé had his Medical Appt. on 2/16/15*

*Fiancé's Visa Interview Appt and approved on 4/13/15*

*Fiancé received his Fiance Visa on 4/20/15*

*Closing the distance on 5/22/15*

Comment

We did everything alone without a lawyer or agency and have our visa in my hands in 7 months!

Comment

Hello! I am new in this forum, my SO lives in the US and I live in Venezuela (South America) due to the living conditions and general. Situation in my country my SO has been thing me we should get married in order to be together and get me out of here, we've been talking for 6 months but dating for 4, it is not the most romantic reason to get married but we both agree on it.

He's coming here on January next year, our intention after we meet (and confirm the way we feel) is to file for the K1 visa at least two months after that which would make out relationship a total of 8 months and one visit, it is impossible for me to visit him in the US (tried to get a tourist visa and got denied on grounds that I might try to stay illegally due to the country's situation as I said before), he asked an immigration lawyer and he said our best shot is either the fiance visa or him coming here to get married but, that's too much pressure! So we're going with the fiance visa but I need help as far as how to get the evidence? , how long does it take? , what do you think are the odds of getting approve after a short time? Thanks a lot for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by Joz View Post
                  Hello! I am new in this forum, my SO lives in the US and I live in Venezuela (South America) due to the living conditions and general. Situation in my country my SO has been thing me we should get married in order to be together and get me out of here, we've been talking for 6 months but dating for 4, it is not the most romantic reason to get married but we both agree on it.

He's coming here on January next year, our intention after we meet (and confirm the way we feel) is to file for the K1 visa at least two months after that which would make out relationship a total of 8 months and one visit, it is impossible for me to visit him in the US (tried to get a tourist visa and got denied on grounds that I might try to stay illegally due to the country's situation as I said before), he asked an immigration lawyer and he said our best shot is either the fiance visa or him coming here to get married but, that's too much pressure! So we're going with the fiance visa but I need help as far as how to get the evidence? , how long does it take? , what do you think are the odds of getting approve after a short time? Thanks a lot for your help!
                  My advice is take loads of photos of you two together when he comes visit and keep all your train, bus and plane tickets and tell him to keep his boarding passes all of it will help as evidence of your relationship when you file the petition. Other evidence is phone bills, skype chat log if you use that, and emails and facebook posts. The process from when you file the petition to getting approval takes around between 3-10 months. Then it takes about 2-3 months after that to get the visa. I think the odds are good, most people get approved and they are not concerned about how long you have been together, but if your relationship is genuine.

For us it is going to take around 6 months from start to finish, it can depend on what country you are from sometimes and also USCIS process time to take into consideration.
                  Last edited by vicks5721; November 26, 2014, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Primary evidence is always boarding passes, passport stamps and any kind of official itinerary. It's important to prove that you have met at least once before you file, so make sure he keeps all of these things! Take a lot of pictures together and keep emails and other proof that you have talked to and gotten to know each other. I added all my boarding passes for 3 trips, all my passport stamps, about 50 photos with the names of each person seen on it, the location and the date written on the back. Other than that we added a handwritten letter from his sister that she wrote about our relationship, a small list of all the relationship milestones and a 1 and half page long detailed story of how we met and how we spent each trip together.

Feel free to message me!!

Comment

Hey everyone.

How's everyone doing? Well, as you all know, me and my SO decided that we want to close the distance. Basically we have everything we need for the K-1 Visa. BUT I sent my passport photos and others pictures 20 days ago (priority mail) But my SO still hasn't got them. When I enter the tracking number all it says is that the letter processed through sort facility...I can't believe it. It's so frustrating. All we want to do is to file the Visa to get one step closer..
                      Luckily I am going there for 2 weeks in december so we will be able to do all the paperwork together.
                      I'll be sooo relieved when we can finally file the Visa. And I really hope that it won't take us too long to close the distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Alma View Post
                        Hey everyone.

How's everyone doing? Well, as you all know, me and my SO decided that we want to close the distance. Basically we have everything we need for the K-1 Visa. BUT I sent my passport photos and others pictures 20 days ago (priority mail) But my SO still hasn't got them. When I enter the tracking number all it says is that the letter processed through sort facility...I can't believe it. It's so frustrating. All we want to do is to file the Visa to get one step closer..
                        Luckily I am going there for 2 weeks in december so we will be able to do all the paperwork together.
                        I'll be sooo relieved when we can finally file the Visa. And I really hope that it won't take us too long to close the distance.
                        I know how you feel, we filed for the K1 visa back in late June/early July and luckily we had the help of a visa company, but all the paperwork and evidence we had to gather was alot and stressful at times, thankfully when I mailed all of the things to my fiance it got there quickly, I feel for you I hope all the things arrive soon, it could be just a delay, possibly because of the weather lately. The next step my fiance and I are doing is getting the last paperwork I need to bring with me to the US embassy in London, then I can finally tell them I am ready so they can schedule my interview and I can do the medical exam, we can't wait for it to all be done and then we can book my flight to close the distance.
                        It's great though that you will be going there in two weeks so you can file everything together in person, wish you guys the best of luck!
                        Last edited by vicks5721; November 30, 2014, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X