Meeting(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meeting(s)

So basically, me and a good friend of mine (whom I met online) have met irl a while ago. At first, all I felt for him was a tight friendship. I already knew he liked me romantically, though. The meeting was awesome. We didn't even have to say hi. We just hugged, all of the time. There was this other online friend too, but yeah, that friend didn't get much attention. He gave all his attention to me, and to be honest, that was great. After that, I kind of started getting feelings for him as well, but here's the issue;

I had another LDR relationship with this guy from Macedonia, and that ended about 1,5 months ago. That was pretty much shit. I just want to be sure to be over my ex before I start something new, but the feelings I'm having now are making me doubt my choices. Now is my question: how much longer can I make him wait for me? I let him wait for a month now, and he already told me he was patient, but still. I don't want to keep him on a line, y'know.

We are going to meet again soon (not next monday, but the monday afterwards), so I'd really like to have an answer before that meeting. Thanks for your help.

You are the only one to know when you are over a past relationship, it took me 15months to fully heal after my ex, and after the breakup I had an ill advised fling with a friend who was also splitting from her long term partner.

My GF and I met online 3 years ago, just after I split with my ex 18months ago she told me how she felt about me, as she had resisted saying anything while our breakup was happening, and knew I would need time to heal. I told her at the time, that I felt I had feelings for her too, but it was way too soon. I said at the time that I didn't want her to pass up the opportunity to be happy if something came along, but we would revisit things when I had healed. While I had the fling she got together with a waste of space, and has since admitted it was mostly jealousy and loneliness that caused it.

What that random bit of back story is trying to say is that if he and you are meant to be together a bit of waiting time to ensure he is not just a rebound is not unhealthy, you don't need to make any hasty decisions and go see him as a friend a second time and see how things go then. If you feel the spark while there, then take it further in due course, if not remain friends if he can cope with that.

Comment

Working...
    X