Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overnight Layover Atlanta - Suggestions/Experiences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overnight Layover Atlanta - Suggestions/Experiences?

I know this is a bit narrow, but I thought I'd check if anyone has insight. Does anyone have experience or suggestions for an overnight layover at Atlanta International airport in the US? My flight gets into Atlanta around 10pm and then leaves the next morning around 10:45am. I'll definitely bring a book and I have a research project I must work on so I have things to do. I think I'm more worried about where - for internet accessibility and electrical outlets.
    When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far,
    no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart.

There's some website (forgot the name) and it tells you where to sleep in airports. Google and I bet you'll find something.

Found it

https://www.sleepinginairports.net/usa/atlanta.htm

My personal experience with ATL- it's always fucking freezing.
    Last edited by lucybelle; October 27, 2014, 08:50 PM.

Comment

ATL has free wifi, if I remember correctly. Definitely check out LB's website suggestion. The international terminal is new within the last 5 years, so it's pretty nice. I haven't been there yet - but if you do have to transfer terminals be sure to take the train - unless you want to walk for about 20 minutes. There is at least one very large food court - but most of the places shut down around 9:30 or 10pm - so you may want to bring a snack if you think you'll be hungry when you land. They'll open up again at a reasonable hour for breakfast, haha.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
      Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
      Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Thank you! The website is awesome, apparently there's a 24 hour IHOP. I can handle that. haha My ~12 hour layover (hopefully) won't be so bad.
        When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far,
        no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart.

Comment

There will be plenty of outlets. The airport is deserted by 11 pm. Trust me, I am always there! Everything will be shut down when u arrive. I didn't know about the IHOP. I don't know where you are flying in from/flying out to, but the domestic and international terminals are separate, so make sure you are headed to the correct one in the morning.
          sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Working...
          X