No announcement yet.

Who is spending christmas with their SO? <3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's something I'm going to bring up with him when he's here (9 more days). He doesn't seem to be really big on the holidays but it's huge with my family. I've already taken the day after Christmas off, so I'd have a 4-day weekend. I really hope he says he can.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

I hope he can aswell R&R!!!

Christmas is not even that far away. So excited!

Little nervous to meet the parents tho, hehe

Comment

<< This girl!
        Whatever is meant to be will always find its way.

Comment

Stricktly speaking I will spend the last part of Christmas with him, where we will do very Unchristmasy things like go on sightseeing (we have never had a holiday together) and celebrate my birthday. Possably there will be some Christmas cake.
          Last edited by differentcountries; October 31, 2014, 09:49 AM.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I am!
            I spent a wonderful 3 weeks in New Orleans with my SO's family last Christmas so this year he's spending it with my family.
            His family is HUGE on Christmas but my family isn't; we'll just have a family dinner at best. I got to decorate my first Christmas tree with his family last year and experience Christmas mass as well as opening presents with a family!
            I definitely won't be able to give him all those experiences here for Christmas but he'll get to experience a cold winter and hopefully snow for the first time!
            [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
            became official: 28.03.11
            first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
            second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
            our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
            third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
            fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
            surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
            viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
            jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
            my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

Unfortunately I'm not, I fly home from our first visit the week before Christmas, I'm just going to leave him presents to open so I don't have to post them
              Flying out to meet him for the first time: 16th November 2014 - 14th December 2014
              Flying out to meet him for the second time: 3rd June 2015 -18th July 2015
              Flying out to meet him for the third time: 12th December 2016 - 12th January 2017
              His first flight to me: April 2018 DENIED ENTRY
              Flying out to meet him for the fourth time: 23rd June 2018 - 7th July 2018
              Got Engaged: 12th December 2016
              Married: June 29th 2018
              Hoping to close the distance: 2019/2020

Comment

I am!! AND we are going to spend it with his family. We are flying to Mexico on the 18th!!! So excited!!

Comment

I might get to. But it will be the day after Christmas. But we'll hopefully be together for New Years

Comment

Nope. One day.....

Comment

My SO and his family don't celebrate Christmas.... he has implied that he might try to come out to be with me (and maybe meet my mom )...we'll see (fingers crossed)

Comment

Now that we've finally closed the distance we'll be able to spend christmas together for the first time

Notes:
                        Met: 8.17.09
                        Started Dating: 8.20.09
                        First Met: 10.2.10
                        Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

We're supposed to spend Christmas together here in Italy, but since he isnt sure to come, and Im not sure I'll have the possibility to go there, we dont know right now. We'll know in a couple weeks I guess. I really hope so

Comment

I am spending a week with him in Mexico before xmas and then a couple days when we get back before he goes back to work on xmas day.

Comment

so happy for everyone and i hope for the ones who are not sure yet that it will happen any way

just letting you guys know that i booked my tickets!! and my SO did aswell <since hes coming here for a few days first, then we fly to him together>

sooooo so so so so excited :3

Comment

I'll be booking my SO's ticket, with my dad's help, for Christmas on Monday

Comment

Working...
                                X