Hello, Intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, Intro

New to LFAD and my LDR is still new. We have progressed from Facebook to a text program and I'm looking into getting international calling so we can actually start talking on the phone. Maybe when he returns home next month, we can progress to a video chat. There is a chance that we are distant cousins, very distant, but maybe that is part of the connection we feel? I have been divorced for a year and as I told him, I have been very guarded but feel like I can and have let my guard down with him. I was talking to another guy online (but who is local) and have since heard from yet another whom I did not reply to. I am talking exclusively to my guy Brian and fall for him more and more every day. He is a real sweetie and it gets harder and harder to wait for him to go home and see if he will be coming here in the following months.
    Last edited by lanne271; October 31, 2014, 10:06 AM. Reason: spelling

Hello and welcome,I hope you enjoy it here.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!
      [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
      became official: 28.03.11
      first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
      second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
      our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
      third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
      fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
      surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
      viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
      jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
      my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

hi & welcome

Comment

Welcome. Some of us have been doing this for years. Just know everything you feel is NORMAL and we all feel the exact same way!
          sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Comment

Hello again. Haven't been on here for awhile because my guy ended up being a fake. How do I know how much of what he said was truth and how much was lies? Towards the end of his time on his job site in Africa and time for him to return to England to find the next "traveling job" he disappeared. Found out his photos wasn't of him...stolen off a site of an English Actor. I knew he seemed too good to be true!

Haven't given up on trying a LDR tho. Where I work as a security officer my main job is to check Semi-truck and trailers in and out of the main gate. I have been there 12 1/2 years and have gotten to know many of the regulars. Some don't come thru as often (lost of contract, etc..) and some are still quite regular. Well, one guy I have known about 4 or 5 years, but is rarely down to my location but occasionally across the highway came in to see me just before Thanksgiving. He is from the Chicago area (so a lot closer than Brian!) and usually goes to Memphis with his loads. Love how he asked me out but caught me totally off guard so I really didn't give him a yes or no answer. I was such an idiot! lol! Anyhow he asked me, "When are you going to let me come down and take you out?" My reply....I'll let you know in advance I'm not going to Chicago (meaning if we get serious, don't expect me to move north, my immediate family is here and just south of here and need me close by). His reply was to ask if he could have my number at least. Three weeks ago I got a message from a mutual friend (a co-worker of his) that he was asking our friend for my number because he had lost it. Our friend waited to see me and get my okay before giving it to him. He actually called me last Sunday! It was a very short call, he said he had gotten a new phone and was low on minutes but would call back when he gets more. He said he hadn't called sooner because he was dealing with some personal stuff. And when I asked about his other number that I had for him (thru work) he said he was getting rid of that one because it was tied in with someone else. Okay, thinking about what he said and didn't say I've been putting pieces together and when I talked to our friend this week he confirmed my suspections, yes, he's had a girlfriend but things haven't been good for a long time. I can understand that, my ex-husband and I stayed together for years even tho we weren't happy most of the time.

Comment

He started showing signs of wanting to ask me out (asked our friend about my being single, asked me if I'd ever been to Chicago) in Aug/Sept of 2013. I was just going thru the break-up of my marriage and moving into my house (still married technically), our friend told him to leave me alone, that I wasn't ready yet (so our friend told me. So he waited OVER a year to ask me out and now he's waiting to make sure he's free before things go any further. To me all this shows respect for women, for me and for whomever he has been seeing. It's so hard tho to be patient and wait for his next call. Especially when it took him so long to call the first time! I am still going out with friends on the weekends, meeting new guys but they are all too young, too old, or married. :-( He is a good guy, a decent guy, very clean cut, but I've never had a relationship (if we're going to have one!) start so slow! At a loss and not sure what to think at this time. He did say that he'll explain the next time he calls.

Sorry so long.
                Last edited by lanne271; February 14, 2015, 10:19 AM. Reason: Addition

Comment

Every relationship progresses at its own rate. Some people fall hard and deep, others take it slow and enjoy the pace. It just depends on the individuals in the relationship. Try not to stress too much, he may just be taking the time to make sure you get comfortable, and that you don't get overwhelmed.

Comment

Thanks for your input. I just find it hard to be patient. We really don't know each other very well yet. Just through work, but when and how will we get to know each other better if we don't talk more? I can understand he is on the road a lot, but if he really wants to see me the way he has acted (even calling our friend when he knew the other guy was bringing a load my way asking "how is my girlfriend Louisa doing? " and if I was told he said hi.) Why wait so long between phone calls?

Comment

I'm not sure why he would. Everyone has their reasons, I suppose. Maybe something is bothering him, and he can't/doesn't want to discuss it yet. Only time will tell, I'm afraid.

Comment

Ok, thx. :-) I'll just have to keep being patient and wait. I feel like he's worth the wait.

Comment

Originally posted by lanne271 View Post
                          Ok, thx. :-) I'll just have to keep being patient and wait. I feel like he's worth the wait.
                          There's not much else I can really add except good luck

Comment

Working...
                          X