Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas gift ideas

Hello guys.
    I know this has probably been brought up million times before but what did you buy your SO for the first Christmas you were together as a couple?
    Me & my girlfriend haven't been together long at all but we've agreed to get each other some small bits for Christmas but I'm struggling with ideas, we won't be together at Christmas.
    I was thinking about filling a small box with various presents as I want to get it done asap and sent off before the mad rush, I thought about a tshirt with England or with my County on it and spray my perfume on it, I know she loves stationary so I'll get her a few bits but stumped on what else to get her.
    I'm obviously not going to go crazy and get anything sentimental but just wondered what you guys have done for your partners at Christmas?

Thanks
    First met - June 2014
    Became official - 14 October 2014
    First meeting March 2015-S came to the UK
    I visited Arizona - June 2015
    I visited Arizona- November 2015
    2nd December 2015 - Got Engaged
    December 2015 - S came to England for Christmas with me
    May 2016- Closed the Distance!!!

For our very first Christmas I sent him a Christmas card and chocolate. He sent me a bunch of erasers, pencils, notepads etc. because I love stationary and he got me a huge selection of teas and cookies to eat when drinking those teas. I thought that was very thoughtful.

For our first Christmas in person I scrambled together all the change I had left and bought him Reese's Buttercups and a game over Steam with my Steam wallet. I drew him a little card with instructions to check his computer and put that in a small box that I made out of cardboard. It wasn't much, but it was all I could afford at that time.

This year, I am going to give him a quill pen set and a head massaging thing and maybe something small that I think he might like.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
    First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
    Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
    Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
    Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
    Married: 1/24/2015
    Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I have not acctually given him any Christmas gifts, that would be very weird for a Muslim living in a Muslim country (he did not give me any Christmas gift either, much for the same reason). I did give him some New Year gifts though; chocolate and a calender with pictures of our time together so far (which was mostly pictures from my first visit), and my husband bought him scarf and gloves. The coming Christmas/New Year we plan to be together in person and do a bit of travelling which will also be my gift to him.
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

For our first Christmas, we'd only been together a little over a month (talking for two). I got him a a teddy bear sprayed with my perfume (the kind you can buy with photo gifts, and can have your own design printed on the bear's shirt), an Australian Christmas tree ornament and some drawings I did of the two of us. I had intended on giving him some chocolate too (a Caramello Koala!), but Mum ate it before I got the chance to send it... :P So I think you're on the right track Anything from your home country is nice, as is being able to smell your SO!

"My arms will be your prison" - My Boyfriend [♥] Our LDR Blog!

Started Talking - October 2012
        Started Dating - 08.11.12
        First Meeting - 08.12.13 - 39 days together
        Second Meeting - 16.12.15 - 31 days together

Rosetta Stone Progress
        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        22 / 60

Comment

We'd only been back together about 6 weeks when Christmas came around last year. I went online and checked out websites that do personalized items. I got him a box for his home office desk that says in the top left "Why Renée" and on the bottom right "Loves Rob" and all over the top of the box gave reasons like loyal, hard worker, handsome, funny, etc. It was wrapped for me and shipped straight to him.

I love the personalized websites as they have so many choices and price ranges.
          To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Well, we weren't dating yet when I got him his gift, we had only been talking for about a month. I got him a nice card and a Game Stop gift card. That was it. I wasn't sure if we were going to even date, so I just got him something that wasn't too personal. He didn't get me anything, lol. He wasn't expecting me to get him anything.

Last year, I got him a whole bunch of stuff since it was basically our 1 year anniversary at the same time. This year, I've got a few ideas, but I don't have much money this time around.

Comment

Since her and I never met and aren't quite "together" yet, I had the idea of writing her a poem, in polish, of what I think of her as a person. (She is polish too)

Or, something more simple:

In polish tradition we offer a wafer to everyone and just give them a blessing for the new year. I was going to take a photo of the wafer and just send it to her along with a blessing.

Unless I think of something else
              Last edited by 0897klpq; November 21, 2014, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Last year we didn't quite consider ourselves officially dating, so I got him a Christmas card and he got me nothing lol.

This Christmas we will be together and we are exchanging gifts.

My gifts to him are : 2 Calvin Klein shirts (love a good sale!), laptop cooler pad (he won't buy this for himself lol) and a laptop holder so he can comfortably Skype me from the couch.

He's getting me a new laptop that I will choose when I get there.
                Met Online : July 2013
                Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
                2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
                3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
                Proposal : December 2014
                Closed distance : February 2015
                Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

Unfortunately I will not be with him this Christmas /NE as I have too much responsability in Norway. I will send him a packet though, with a letter and gifts for NE, perhaps a calender of our pictures from this year, some traditional Norwegian Christmas cakes and I guess my husband will want to send something too. I will make a countdown calender for our next visit.
                  I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                  - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

My BF literally has EVERYTHING so it's been a struggle for me to figure out what to get him. I thought I was lucky when his Keurig stopped working - I could definitely pull off buying one of those! Unfortunately, a week after it broke he found a package sitting on his door step...it was a package from his Dad. A new Keurig =/

So NOW this is what I'm doing...

I have a small tree I've decorated and am sending to him. I'm going to buy several gift cards and have the tiny envelopes attached to the tree. With each card, I'll write a little note or something like "I promise to always help you get where you're going" and with that would be a gas card that he can use when he drives from Illinois to Ohio to visit his parents for Christmas. I'll include cards for food, entertainment cards, etc... and of course I'm adding a stocking loaded with candy!

For him, this is a perfect gift - he's constantly driving, and eating take out food every day so I know he will appreciate not having to spend his own money on it all. I know he'll appreciate it more than some random electronic that he probably would never use.

Just think deep about things he's mentioned and conversations you've had. I'm sure you'll come up with some things...if not - it doesn't help to ask...you can do that without him realizing
                    "I ran to him. I dropped my luggage and ran to him. My heart melted in my chest as I wrapped my arms around his neck. I could feel him. I could kiss him. I could smell him. He was real. He was here. He is mine."

He could be a million miles away...and still be worth every single mile <3

We met in 2012
                    We became a couple in April 2014
                    Our lips first met August 8, 2014
                    Our beautiful 2nd visit was November 2014
                    Hoping to visit again for a New Years kiss
                    We'll spend my birthday and Valentines day in each other's arms <3 - Feb 2015
                    Our "spring break" in March 2015
                    Summer fun - June 2015
                    DISNEY WORLD!!! Sept 2015

LOVE > DISTANCE
                    QUALITY > CONVENIENCE

Comment

I didn't get anything last Christmas because it wasn't that serious then but now since we'll meet either before Christmas or after it... yes, what a problem. I wanted to get something super special for him so I racked my brains. He's originally from California, lives currently in India and will move to Germany in a week so what would be a better gift than woolen socks He said that he has never worn them because he has lived in such hot places so I decided to get him them. I really can't knit so I asked my step mother to knit them. I think it is a good idea and fits my student's budget very well!

Comment

First x-mas together I got him a bunch of those love-cupon thingies you can make yourself - I was a poor student and didn't really have any money to buy anything else. That, and a book he'd been wanting for ages This year I've had a bit more money to spend, which feels great 'cause I can actually give him fun stuff!

Met online: February 2011
                        Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

This year is our first christmas since being together and we can't travel to be together as I am doing the k1 visa and need to wait until that is finished and he doesn't have the funds right now to come here. But we are going to exchange gifts in January when I move there. His parents and his sisters and his grandma have bought gifts for me as well, which so kind of them So we will exchange gifts in January and maybe go out for a meal somewhere. I have made my fiance love coupons, "50 things I love about you" cards and I am going to buy him some sour sweets(candy) and some Italian coffee and some Chinese jasmine tea. I don't know what he got me, I love surprises so I don't want to know.
                          Last edited by vicks5721; December 9, 2014, 05:52 PM.

Comment

My fiancé is always super sweet. Last year he was amazingly generous to me, and I got him Tickets to see Les Miserables on Broadway, a boom made from out vacation, as well as a movado watch (he loves watches). He gave me jewelry , an iPad and two pair of boots (I am a shoe whore). This year the only thing I care about is him being here for Christmas. He's bought my children such thoughtful gifts. My son is the biggest walking dead fan, and he got Nicholas a prop from the show (it's filmed near my home). We took my daughter (an amazing singer) to see wicked on Broadway over the summer, and he got her a personalized framed photo from the lead in the play. My eldest daughter, Jenna (24), hasn't met him yet but will on Christmas,is a writer and he got her a 100 year old leather bound copy of A Christmas Carol. She is going to LOVE that. I don't have any idea what he is getting g me, and I don't really care, because he will be here and we have lots of plans with friends. I am super excited. I did get him a fairly expensive camera, which he has wanted since we met, so I am excited about that. And we are going on a cruise on January 2! This is going to be a great Christmas.
                            sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Working...
                            X