Marriage - Visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marriage - Visa?

This post to get some advice or share some experiences about couples getting married or considering getting married to close the distance...?

My fiancé has been trying to find a job for more than 2 years now and is currently living in U.S., Chicago (GreenCard). He'ld love to stay there but he has to move out so he will go back to Kenya in December if he can't find a permanent job by then. In Kenya it'll be even harder to get a job. He also doesn't care anymore where he can work or in which country it is.
    He can't travel to Belgium because he is Kenyan, and he doesn't have a job etc.
    As for me, I can't go to the U.S. because it seems impossible to find a job there. Same for other countries.

We have decided to get married.
    Ever since we made this decision, we've never had so many discussions before, mainly because of the VISA-issue.
    -U.S.A.: doesn't seem to be an option
    -Belgium: the procedure takes months and they might deny his visa
    -Kenya: getting married is easy but the procedure afterwards takes months and they might consider it as an "arranged marriage". My family would not come over and we would like to keep it small and simple, because that is how we are. At the moment, we even don't have the financial means to see eachother.

All we want is start a life together but at the moment it is driving us completely nuts.

Visa applications are lengthy in many countries. It took us 1.5 years to get my SOs spouse visa.

If you've decided to marry, go for it. You'll just have to decide which country you want to live in- Kenya or Belgium and then apply for the visa.

Best wishes!

Comment

Working...
    X