Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Japan!

Hello to all,

My name is Kathrine and I'm 23. I'm in an LDR with my boyfriend of only 5 months. We're both in the military, but I happened to get stationed overseas while he stayed in the States.

I've been in Japan for about a month now and so far our relationship is doing great. Sometimes I do fight loneliness since I'm here away from everything I know and most people here don't understand my relationship. See, in the military, if one member has to go overseas, it's common for the couple to marry just so they can stay together. My boyfriend and I didn't want to do that and just decided we would see where the road took us. Basically, if it works, it works and if it doesn't, it doesn't. Recently, I've realized I really do want it to work out and will keep fighting to make it happen. I'm already counting down the days until my 2 years are up...701 to be exact. But don't get me wrong, I love the opportunities that will being in Japan has to offer and I'm enjoying it here. Driving on the wrong side of the road did take me a while to get used to

I came across this site on one particularly bad bout of loneliness looking for others who understand and who I could talk to. Hope I can find that here.

I look forward to getting to know you all!

Kathrine

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome!! I also joined recently and my situation is almost identical to yours! My BF and I also dated for close to 5 months before I came back to Sri Lanka. I met him during my last semester of my Masters at LSU in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA. Since I got a full scholarship to study there however, one of my visa conditions was that after I completed my Masters, I should live and work in my home country (Sri Lanka) for 2 years. So just like you-5 months relationship, 2 years apart in total, and we are hoping that we'll make it too!

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Welcome here, and enjoy Japan one of my favourite countries ever.

Comment

Working...
          X