Need Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Advice

So my SO and I have been in a distance relationship for almost 9 months now. I say distance as we are only two hours away from each other. Things have been going fine. I do have some reservations as to this point I haven't met any of his friends. He doesn't seem to acknowledge the relationship as far as I can see. We have talked about the fact that we are in a committed relationship.

Over the last 9 months I have gone over to his place at least 20 times. This past weekend was the first time he has come to my place. I find this odd as I have kids and it should be harder for me to visit him. I do understand he works long and crazy hours. All of my friends who have been in a LDR say we need to plan on when we are done with the distance. I brought this up to my SO several times with no answer from him. This last time he looked like a deer in the headlights and now he isn't returning my texts or calls. If he does it's 6 plus hours later with a reply of "tired going to bed" and nothing else even to my reply. Some friends are starting to say they think I am the women on the side. What is your guys opinions? What do I need to do? I am lost as this is my first LDR.

Hello! Although my situation is vastly different from yours, I think it's pretty universal that both people in a LDR need to be extremely committed to make it work. I don't hear that from your SO. 9 months is a long time to not even acknowledge your relationship. I can't say what you should do or whether there really is something fishy going on on his end, but I think that you know that this isn't necessarily normal and you're questioning it yourself otherwise you wouldn't have posted. I find in these situations, the gut feeling is normally right. Also, I personally feel like anyone who has respect and feelings for you will always make you feel cherished and respected if he is worth it. That means returning texts and talking about the future. I think it may be time to reevaluate your feelings for this guy and figure out if he's actually worth the struggles you're experiencing right now. Good luck, and I hope that everything works out for you!

Comment

Originally posted by sexylovinghim
      I talk a lot about this on sexy loving him. When it comes to a relationship whether it's long distance or not, like MissingmyDutchLove says, both parties have to be committed. I'm not sure whats up with your dude but it doesn't seem like he is interested in this relationship anymore. He might be taken aback by the pressure. Most men can't be pressured into doing anything that they aren't ready to do, so maybe you pushed him away instead of letting things take it's course. Maybe he might be in a more meaningful relationship that existed before you. It really kind of hard to gauge the situation because he isn't near you.

If it were me personally, I would fall back and let him come around. If it's me he really wants, and he was really invested in us, then I would let him find me. Sometimes you have to sit back and wait to get the answer you need.
      This thread is a year and three months old, I doubt this is helpful to the OP. Please don't reopen old threads just to promote your own website, that's not allowed here, and I don't think anyone is interested anyway.
      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
      X