listening to music together or sharing music with each other

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

listening to music together or sharing music with each other

sometimes my SO and I love to listen to music together, through usually youtube or we share a song with each other, also sometimes we like to sing along or joke sing. It is alot of fun, also I love it when we tell each other to listen to a song we love, it is really special, I usually save the songs he tells me to listen to, to my playlists on youtube or spotify.

I find that singing together is a very great thing and you feel close.

Comment

We both listen to music very frequently and it's one of the things we bonded over. The first night we met and started talking the conversation was about a ton of different topics but mostly music. Our first phone call was nearly 2 hours of us talking about music. I hardly talked he just kept naming band after band after band and I would say if I heard of them/liked them and stuff like that. So music for us is pretty important since it's something we always bond over. Sometimes if he's on the phone with me and listening to music he will start singing, he can't sing for his life (I can't either lol) but it's really funny and cute when he sings so I definitely agree that music is something that can be really important in relationships and it's something fun to do with each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah96 View Post
        We both listen to music very frequently and it's one of the things we bonded over. The first night we met and started talking the conversation was about a ton of different topics but mostly music. Our first phone call was nearly 2 hours of us talking about music. I hardly talked he just kept naming band after band after band and I would say if I heard of them/liked them and stuff like that. So music for us is pretty important since it's something we always bond over. Sometimes if he's on the phone with me and listening to music he will start singing, he can't sing for his life (I can't either lol) but it's really funny and cute when he sings so I definitely agree that music is something that can be really important in relationships and it's something fun to do with each other.
        I completely agree, my fiance and I both love country music and he has introduced me to so many of his favourite bands and singers, and I have introduced him to my favourites, some that he didn't know about. We love learning from each other and I have made a list already of what songs we will have at our wedding in May 2015. One of the first songs he told me about is now our song, and that we will dance to for our first dance.

Comment

Originally posted by vicks5721 View Post
          I completely agree, my fiance and I both love country music and he has introduced me to so many of his favourite bands and singers, and I have introduced him to my favourites, some that he didn't know about. We love learning from each other and I have made a list already of what songs we will have at our wedding in May 2015. One of the first songs he told me about is now our song, and that we will dance to for our first dance.
          That is so awesome!! I'm so happy for you two, congratulations!! I've slowly been adding songs to our wedding playlist (we're nowhere close to being ready to get married but it's fun and silly when we think of ones to add), and he has definitely introduced me to some bands that I've never heard of before and now listen to constantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah96 View Post
            That is so awesome!! I'm so happy for you two, congratulations!! I've slowly been adding songs to our wedding playlist (we're nowhere close to being ready to get married but it's fun and silly when we think of ones to add), and he has definitely introduced me to some bands that I've never heard of before and now listen to constantly.
            Aww thank you! We can't wait to get married, we are doing the K1 visa process so as I will arrive in January, we are going to get married the official way at the courthouse and then in May 2015 we will have the ceremony and reception with family and friends! Yeah its awesome to be introduced to bands by my fiance, I listen to them all the time now.

Comment

My fiancé sings, so music is HUGE, but we really bond over music from amazing Broadway plays. We are both theater buffs, and we love talking about shows we've seen together!
              sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

My SO and I listen to totally different styles of music but there are some songs and genres that we can both agree on. I love how sometimes we'll both be on YouTube and one of us will say "1, 2, 3... GO!" and we'll try to sync our videos but one of us always ends up being faster than the other, haaaa.
                [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
                became official: 28.03.11
                first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
                second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
                our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
                third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
                fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
                surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
                viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
                jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
                my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

I am more of a music geek than he is, my interests are also very eclectic in the styles I like. I like everything from baroque organ to folk to what you hear on the international radio to weird Norwegian electronica. I am also 7 years older than him, so although I share music on YouTube I will go to my cd self to find the titles... We share music both close distance and apart. We will also sing to one another. He doesn't have the best singing voice but he can follow a tune. We both like Turkish melancolic music. His style in Western music is a bit dramatic, lots of dying for love and stuff... I like lots of things and I don't mind his stuff, I share some of my favourites and he thinks they are "interesting". He likes a bit older stuff usually, or stuff that SOUNDS old. I sang Harry Connick jr to him and he liked it because Harry is a young crooner. I should probably start singing one of the youngER crooners now! On his birthday, me and my husband sang duet for him over Skype... We actually went to a concert together once, the type of nightclub concerts we can go to in the city where he works, with a show. I would love to take him to an intimate concert scene in my city, because I know he doesn't like crowds.
                  I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                  - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by lovefrom2800milesaway View Post
                    My SO and I listen to totally different styles of music but there are some songs and genres that we can both agree on. I love how sometimes we'll both be on YouTube and one of us will say "1, 2, 3... GO!" and we'll try to sync our videos but one of us always ends up being faster than the other, haaaa.
                    hehe cute!

Comment

If you want to make sure you are synched when you listen to playlists on Youtube and the likes, try out this: https://cytu.be/
                      You can make a private channel for you two there and add Youtube videos or playlists, and the site does the synching for you A big help for this kinda thing!

~
                      It'll take a lot more than words and guns
                      A whole lot more than riches and muscle
                      The hands of the many must join as one
                      And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Originally posted by Miasmata View Post
                        If you want to make sure you are synched when you listen to playlists on Youtube and the likes, try out this: https://cytu.be/
                        You can make a private channel for you two there and add Youtube videos or playlists, and the site does the synching for you A big help for this kinda thing!
                        thanks for the tip Miasmata.

Comment

How do you listen together on you tube?

Comment

See my post earlier:

Originally posted by Miasmata View Post
                            You both make a room as instructed on Cytube, and then you copy the link of the Youtube video you want to look at together and paste it into the playlist. It will then play synchronized for everyone who is in your room!

~
                            It'll take a lot more than words and guns
                            A whole lot more than riches and muscle
                            The hands of the many must join as one
                            And together we'll cross the river

Comment

My SO and I have similar tastes in music for sure and we also have our differences, but I love that. It leaves the door open to step outside comfort zones sometimes and also keeps us humble about having strong differences and respecting each others tastes. We share Pandora and Spotify sometimes and it's fun to investigate his playlists. Just recently he made me listen to a song and I ended up falling in love with the artists entire album. I also turned him on to a song with an artist he didn't particularly care for, that felt great.

We haven't necesarily sang together as an activity or hobby and i'm not sure we ever will. But nothing beats the day we decided to watch Pokemon on Netflix and we both spontaneously started singing the theme song and we were so into it. Remotes were used as microphones, there was over-dramatic lip syncing. It was AWESOMEEE. xD
                              "The Only Heaven I'll Be Sent To,
                              Is when I'm Alone With You."

Met: Sometime in 2016
                              Started Relationship: August 9, 2017
                              First Visit: December 7, 2017
                              Closed the distance: February 9, 2018

Comment

Working...
                              X