Hi from UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from UK

Hi, I'm not in an LDR yet but it looks as if it's heading that way (at least I'm hoping it does). I've joined this site to get ideas, tips, etc to make it work if we do decide to have a LDR.

Background:

I've been chatting to a very cute woman from Australia (I'm in the UK). I spotted her on a dating site I'm part of and just thought I'd say hi. Didn't expect anything (due to the distance) but we've been messaging/emailing almost daily for nearly a month.

We have chatted about the possibility of a future together, however, we can't Skype yet as she's in the army and deployed. We will do this once she returns.

Ironically, for 2 of the weeks we've been in contact I was on holiday in Australia which was planned way before we started chatting. Hehe.

I'm in the army too and I hope to move to Australia when my career is done (no longer than 5 years time) and this was the plan before I messaged her.

I will admit I could never understand people who were in LDRs, especially after meeting online but as the saying goes 'there but for the grace of God go i' and now I'm trying to work out am I crazy even thinking about going there...

I'm thankful for forums like this and I look forward to interacting with you all should we decide to go ahead and try to work things out.

Welcome to LFAD!! This site definitely has a ton of fun ideas and tips to help deal with LDR's and there's a great,helpful community here, don't be afraid to ask questions if you have any, everyone is super friendly

Comment

Welcome to the forums!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!
        [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
        became official: 28.03.11
        first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
        second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
        our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
        third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
        fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
        surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
        viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
        jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
        my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

Thankyou, I've already picked up some great tips should things go the way I think they are heading 😊

Comment

Hello and welcome!!!

Comment

Working...
            X