whatsapp messenger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whatsapp messenger

I wanted to share something that is simple but I am so happy about, I am a very sentimental kind of person I like to write a journal at the moment of daily activities etc. Anyways I love the fact that I can save all our voice recordings we have sent each other over nearly 10 months of talking everyday on Whatsapp, but for so long I couldn't figure out how to save all the messages, as I really wanted to have all those memories of what we wrote. But recently just the other day I finally figured out how to email all the messages to myself! Then I found I could save it all in a word document! yay! I am so happy! The other day I was reading what we first wrote to each other when we first started dating, and so having it all saved on my laptop means alot to me. I curious does anyone else on here like saving message logs, skype log and the such?

Oh yes I save all my messages. Not only am I sentimental and read them when we can't talk due to the time difference, but we need them for immigration. You can also do screenshots of conversation.
    Met Online : July 2013
    Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
    2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
    3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
    Proposal : December 2014
    Closed distance : February 2015
    Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Petals View Post
      Oh yes I save all my messages. Not only am I sentimental and read them when we can't talk due to the time difference, but we need them for immigration. You can also do screenshots of conversation.
      Yeah I am the same way, I love to read the messages and listen to the voice recordings when I miss him. I can relate to needing it for immigration, I printed out two months of skype log to show the US embassy and I may also print some pages of whatsapp messages, now that I can, and I will bring all our letters we sent each other and greeting cards and some facebook posts as well.

Comment

Yes, I love saving messages! I have a separate folder in my e-mail full of e-mails my SO sent me 10 years ago up until now! I pull them up every now and then to smile over and laugh about. :P
        I also refuse to delete any of the 10,000+ texts we've sent each other.. I scroll up sometimes and read some!

Also, does your WhatsApp not automatically save pictures/video recordings? There might be a setting that you can change to have it automatically saved - all my pictures, videos and voice recordings through WhatsApp are automatically saved into folders on my phone!
        [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
        became official: 28.03.11
        first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
        second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
        our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
        third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
        fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
        surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
        viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
        jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
        my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

I only save the important ones. We used Steam to text chat and it doesn't save the logs, so I had to do it myself by copy pasting. A lot got lost by switching computers, but oh well.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
          First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
          Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
          Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
          Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
          Married: 1/24/2015
          Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

No, we don't save messages. He actually lost all of his (and all pictures) when he had his phone fixed and no back-up on it. We don't write that many important things, I think. We hardly ever send each other e-mails. We use a lot of emicons in texting. And we talk in code, like hinting to stuff... So I am not sure how useful that would be to save them.

I save pictures and ticket stubs (I actually glued them into books I made him, so they are never lost), and for our 1 year aniversery I wrote our story to him. In the beginng we wrote more stuff, because he shared a room with some very nice but very nosy people or he was at internet cafees. Since he got the smart phone and also lived on his own we could do more talking and so there is no back-up from that. I have all our Viber texts, though, I am not sure how I could save it other than on my phone, but at least it is there. It would be nice to have it but I can do without it too, and we don't have any specific need for it.
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I don't think he does it...actually I know he doesn't do it. But I take screenshots of our conversations at times. Sometimes it's just so I can remember his work schedule for the week, other times he says something really funny. I come across them on my phone or computer once in awhile and usually send them to him and we both laugh at the stuff we've said in the past. Him and I both have a really great memory so we kinda remember most of the important/big conversations we've had without needing to have them saved. So I guess I really only save the funny/silly things to look back on at times

Comment

I never delete our texts. I have every single one. He has deleted some due to storage issues on his phone but he did confess to me that he has saved every message we ever exchanged on Facebook. That's over 50,000 last time I checked. I take screen shots of cute messages and really special ones I copy and paste into treasured folder. In fact I did that only yesterday, I'd asked him to choose his 3 fave pics of me and explain why he liked them. One if them was of me laying on my bed wearing a t shirt he sent me. He said he really liked the pic because I looked like an angel laying in a cloud. Such a lovely message to wake up to, made me cry a little bit!

Comment

For immigration? What?

Comment

Originally posted by Cristiana View Post
                    For immigration? What?

This is only necessary if the couple will need to apply for a partner visa so they can live in the same country. Immigration requires evidence of communication and in some cases discussion about the future - kids, living together, marriage etc.
                    Met Online : July 2013
                    Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
                    2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
                    3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
                    Proposal : December 2014
                    Closed distance : February 2015
                    Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

I keep everything. We even keep each other's plane tickets. We give them to eachother when we arrive. We I go home I save it and give it to him with my new ticket there. My family think it's silly but we like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Petals View Post
                        This is only necessary if the couple will need to apply for a partner visa so they can live in the same country. Immigration requires evidence of communication and in some cases discussion about the future - kids, living together, marriage etc.
                        Exactly they need to know we communicate often as another way to prove we have a genuine relationship, I have heard though that most of the time they don't always need to see it, but it's always important to bring it just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by snow View Post
                          I only save the important ones. We used Steam to text chat and it doesn't save the logs, so I had to do it myself by copy pasting. A lot got lost by switching computers, but oh well.
                          That must of been annoying having to copy and paste all your Steam chat messages, before I found out I can email the messages to myself I considered writing it down in a notebook, thank goodness I didn't have to

Comment

I have kept all the plane, bus and train tickets from when he came here to England and all the other important memory things, I keep them to put in scrapbooks.

Comment

I love that feature of WhatsApp.

I had to recently replace my phone and my WhatsApp stats got reset. Messages sent: 25535 / Messages received: 28187

I am not going to manually count all the archived messages I emailed before I got a new phone, but I'd imagine it'd be well over 100,000 sent/received. I use use WhatsApp exclusively to speak with her, I don't communicate with anyone else via WhatsApp, that's what's Kik is for

Comment

Working...
                              X