Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

top 10 LDR movies

Top 10 movies where the characters are in a Long Distance Relationship

(Credits https://www.long-distance-lover.com/...ionship-movies)

1.Atnoment
    2.Going the Distance
    3.The other end of the line
    4.Like crazy
    5.The notebook
    6.Dear John
    7.Sleepless in seattle
    8.Time Traveler's wife
    9.You've got mail
    10.Lake house

Click on the link above for a short description of each movie

Enjoy

I've seen a few of those movies. I know my boyfriend hasn't, he's not much of a movie watcher unless it's from a few of his favorites but he doesn't really like movies. I wish I could make him watch movies with me lol I already told him there are a few "chick flicks" he has to watch with me, but we'll see lol. I definitely suggest Going The Distance, Sleepless in Seattle and Dear John!

Comment

6,8, & 10
      Are my favorites!
      "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

I love 5, 7, 9& 10
        To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Time travelers wife was cool but I also found it kind of sad. I'm definitely going to look into the ones I haven't seen, like Dear John. Neat list!

Comment

All time classic Sleepless in Seattle and You've got mail are my favorite. These make me fall in love over and over again.

Comment

7. and 9 Anything with Meg Ryan I like - she is cute and witty, so her sappy movies are not like other sappy movies

Some other ideas: Tom Hanks - "The terminal"... because I do feel like I live in an airport, with a long distance relationship to at least one country https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciByvddyHBs

Also, the Indian movie "Lunchbox", about a couple who started to date through the Indian lunchbox delivery system! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJIGJtb_N7E
              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Atonement is one of my all-time favorite movies!!

Comment

The Lake House made me cry like a baby even BEFORE I was in an LDR (THE TREE SCENE) I should watch it with Tammi cause I have it on DVD
                  Met: Apr 2013
                  Mutual interest: July 2013
                  Relationship Began: November 6 2013
                  First Visit (Her to Me): July 4 2014
                  Second Visit (Me to Her): Jan/Feb 2015 Postponed due to sister having baby
                  Second Visit! (Her to Me again): June 16 2015 - July 4 2015
                  Engaged: June 29 2015 <3
                  Third Visit: (Her to me, working on it) January 19 2016 - February 2 2016

Comment

I've seen a couple of them but I've been looking for a good list to watch with my SO over netflix. Thanks for the list

Comment

My fiancé is a big movie man but does not like sappy romantic movies. I'm sure I can change that by giving him a list of movies "about people that are sort of in our situation" though Nice list, thanks a lot! We're always looking for movies to watch together online killing time
                      Met online: Somewhere before the summer of 2012.
                      Mutual interest: june, july 2012.
                      Official:August 2012.
                      Current status: Engaged, plans for me to move to the USA, figuring out K-1 forms etc.

First met: I visited him in VA, USA. Jan 7th 2014.
                      Second time:Kind of still first, he came back to Belgium with me, January 23rd 2014.
                      Third time: He came back to Belgium on October 20th 2014.
                      Plans: Moving to the USA and getting married end of 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimaca View Post
                        My fiancé is a big movie man but does not like sappy romantic movies. I'm sure I can change that by giving him a list of movies "about people that are sort of in our situation" though Nice list, thanks a lot! We're always looking for movies to watch together online killing time
                        Mine still wouldn't care. ::sigh::

Comment

Originally posted by whatruckus View Post
                          Mine still wouldn't care. ::sigh::
                          I'm knocking on wood mine will but there's a huge chance I'll end up watching these when he's at work and we just watch comedies or movies we both like on days he's off I'm not giving up hope just yet though!
                          Current status: Engaged, plans for me to move to the USA, figuring out K-1 forms etc.

Second time:Kind of still first, he came back to Belgium with me, January 23rd 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimaca View Post
                            I'm knocking on wood mine will but there's a huge chance I'll end up watching these when he's at work and we just watch comedies or movies we both like on days he's off I'm not giving up hope just yet though!
                            I was surprised when he told me that he liked The Notebook. Lol. For someone who really hates romantic/sappy movies.

Comment

Originally posted by whatruckus View Post
                              I was surprised when he told me that he liked The Notebook. Lol. For someone who really hates romantic/sappy movies.
                              Haha you'll have to tell me your secret on how to get your man to like the notebook, he refuses to watch it with me! I sent him some short youtube scenes to make him like it but he's not digging it, seems like!

Comment

Working...
                              X