FaceTime is your BFF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FaceTime is your BFF

Apple, you have graced us with FaceTime and for those of us in a Long Distance Relationship, we are eternally grateful!

Facetime has been my saving grace.
    It has been my best friend, and at times my worst enemy imaginable.

My fiance and I have been together for a little over a year at this point, and although we do make regular visits to see each other at least once a month, there are times that everyone in an LDR has felt before: the lonely times. The times when you're so down-in-the-dumps-just-wanna-cuddle-my-boyfriend/girlfriend that almost any form of contact will help. These times always strike me at night. I'm a morning person, and so when night-time comes around I'm a little bit gloomier and I get tired very quickly.
    That's why every night, FaceTime is my go-to. My fiance and I spend hours making funny faces, pouring our hearts out, laughing, and even watching movies together on FaceTime. We also say goodnight to each other before bed every night and without turning off the phone, we fall asleep listening to the other person rustle around and snore. Alot of my friends and coworkers think it's kind of weird and "clingy" but they don't understand the comfort that it brings both of us to know that if we need anything, they're "right there."
    Even if one of us is out late at night, we make sure to call one another on FaceTime just to let them know we got in safely. It doesn't bother either one of us to be woken up, especially when it's the one person you want to see more than anyone!

At times, FaceTime decides to play the ultimate prank of not connecting to wifi, and thus we are forced to talk on the phone without the joy of seeing each others smiling face. But other than this trouble, Chris and I are thankful to have the app and it definitely helps us through the weeks we spend apart.

I totally agree!!!!

I was so happy when my SO got an iPhone back in October 2013, before that we communicated solely by Facebook messenger! (I think we had maybe 2 or 3 phone calls too, but international calls are ridiculously expensive). I can't believe we communicated using FB messenger for so long, I had to wait till he was online before we could talk, it was tough!

Now we have iMessage too which is free, that's our main way of communicating but we FaceTime at least twice a week and try to FaceTime audio everyday if we can. I'd love to do the falling asleep thing on FaceTime, it just uses so much battery up tho, that's my only gripe!

I'd go insane without FaceTime now. I love it, it's definitely brought us so much closer. It's a great thing.

Comment

I join you in this! We don't use facetime, but we use skype. We don't even talk much. But his presence, though just a vdo call, is comforting. I work in front of computer all the time and it just gives that bit of encouragement and subtle motivation to keep working and reduces the restlessness. -- I also love knowing where he goes, whether he gets in safely etc. Being physically together, you would know where the other person is and their safety can be automatically assumed by various other means without having to "reporting" as such. It makes me feel his presence and I love it.

Comment

I'm so happy for you! Technology is so incredible, especially the stuff put out by Apple.
        I don't know how some long distance peeps do it without an iPhone!

Comment

I completely agree!
          Chris and I get ready in the morning together sometimes using FaceTime and I love that. It starts my day off on a good note, and my nerves don't bother me so much.

Comment

Or for those of us who don't have an Iphone/Ipad/Macbook - Skype is your best bet Or Viber or any other free video call app

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
            First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
            Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
            Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
            Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
            Married: 1/24/2015
            Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Never used FaceTime, always been Skype for me and my SO. But I've heard a lot of good things about it.

Technology. Pfft. Love and hate it

Comment

Originally posted by snow View Post
                Or for those of us who don't have an Iphone/Ipad/Macbook - Skype is your best bet Or Viber or any other free video call app
                I'll have to go with this one lol my boyfriend recently FINALLY upgraded to a smartphone, I tried for WEEKS beforehand to convince him to get an iphone so we could FaceTime but he just wouldn't do it. He did however get the new Galaxy so we can at least Skype for the first time (hopefully very soon!) I do really love skype more than facetime since I use facetime everyday and it usually has more problems than when I use Skype.

Comment

Facetime is amazing! It means I can always keep in touch with hubby no matter what country he's in!

Comment

Originally posted by snow View Post
                    We used Skype the first couple of times we chatted simply because we weren't sure if we wanted to give out our numbers or not.
                    If you and your SO can afford it, look into getting an iPhone or at least an iPod touch for FaceTime. The video quality is a lot better and you can move around a lot more.

Comment

as neither of us has an Iphone and we don't really want to anyway our best friend is Skype, and whatsapp. As I can't afford data on my phone or using wifi anywhere I go, we can only whatsapp when I am home using broadband internet, but we are okay with that arrangement as I don't work at the moment and I am at home nearly all the time. We used to regularly skype constantly until he started working the night shift and we sent each other good morning voice recordings, which we like better than recording videos and it is simply easier.

Comment

I appreciate your determination under your circumstances.
                        I think Whatsapp is great for people who have limited internet access.
                        When my fiance's brother had to spend time away from his wife in a remote area, they used Whatsapp and it seemed to keep them content.

Comment

yeah whatsapp is great, I now even message my sister and niece on it sometimes even though they live local to me, but once I move to America soon I can still whatsapp them. For me personally I thought it more wise to not pay for data, as sometimes it can be hard to know when you have gone to the limit and so you owe the phone provider more money.

Comment

FaceTime is freakin AMAZING!!!!!! I have an iPhone 4s my BF has an iPod touch and we iMessage and FaceTime....how people talk to their SOs without emojis I don't understand cuz u can say like anything by just using emojis me and my BF can go forever by just talking thru emojis

Comment

Originally posted by kenzieblue View Post
                              FaceTime is freakin AMAZING!!!!!! I have an iPhone 4s my BF has an iPod touch and we iMessage and FaceTime....how people talk to their SOs without emojis I don't understand cuz u can say like anything by just using emojis me and my BF can go forever by just talking thru emojis

Comment

Working...
                              X