Our first meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our first meet

(I'm from The Netherlands, she's from Spain).

Its been a long time since i've posted on here, a month to be exact. That had everything to do with meeting my SO for the first time.

On the 5th of december I went to Belgium to visit my mother for a week and on friday the 12th I met the love of my life. A moment I had been waiting for, for a year and a half.
    It was absolutly nervewrecking. The first time flying, first time I went to an airport in general. I have to say, Schophol Airport Amsterdam damn huge.

I had to get up at 4 in the morning. We were nearing Amsterdam, my stepdad stressed out because he took the wrong turn, but we found it. I went inside, it was huge. I asked at the planecompany service point where I had to check in and at what gate I had to be for my airplane. I even forgot my ticket when I was walking away from the check-in point. I quickly walked back and got it. Then my mother, stepdad and I got something to drink. After that I went through the police, so I had to wait for my plane. I don't think an hour and a half had ever felt that long. I got in the plane, nervous as fuck. The plane took off and we climbed to an altitude of 11,5 kilometers, I believe 38000 foot. The journey had begun. I just stared and stared out of the window, thinking how it would be, holding her in my hands for the fist time. A moment we'd been living towards for a long time.

I got out of the plane, looking for the luggage compartment. I had to wait about 10 minutes for my bag to arrive on the conveyer(??) belt. I took my bag and almost ran towards the exit, I came across the corner, there she was. My heart started beating so fast. We ran towards eachother, tried to hug eachother, BUT, because we're both clumsy as hell, we bumped our heads against eachother. It was painful, though, we were so happy that we forgot about the pain. We hugged and then our first non-virtual kiss. My lips melted when they touched her's. My stomach was making turns and my mind was a mess. This was it. This is the love of my life. She's what I need.

Her mother, sister and sister's boyfriend were also there. The first thing I noticed was that they are pretty damn small, or i'm just too tall.
    It was quite awkward meeting them in real life. The language barrier was a big pain up the ass throughout the whole time I've been there. Despite the fact that we didn't speak the same language, throughout my visit, I tried to understand as much as I could. If my SO wasn't there to translate it, we'd talk through Google Translate.

I hope that by the time I come back to Spain(6 months from writing this) that my Spanish will be a bit, if not a lot, better.

Before we met, I talked with her. "What if it turns out that we don't really feel attracted to eachother in real life.". I was scared that it wouldn't work out, but the moment I hugged her. I knew that everything was going to be okay.

4 Days after leaving, it feels really sad to be back to reality and see eachother through a webcam again. I know it's hard, but it's so damn worth it.
    The first call we did, I broke out in crying. We were both really sad.

I can't wait to go back in the summer and die because it'll be 40 degrees celcius there, but it's worth it. I love her.

Thanks for reading this. If you have questions or if you don't understand what im trying to say cus my English is bad, feel free to ask something.

PS: Don't ever give up on your LDR, especially if you didn't meet him/her yet. In real life it's always different, sometimes for the good and sometimes for the bad. Nevertheless, don't forget the good times you have had, and are still to come.

Peace ~ Tom

Its so amazing to meet your SO for the first time! I am a Dutchie too and my SO is hungarian, meeting him for the first time was really good im happy that you feel so lucky with her, im sure you guys deserve it.

Comment

That's lovely, really lovely. Made my eyes leak a little!

I'm hoping this year will at last see me and my SO finally meet. There have been so many hurdles in the way but we are getting there slowly. I can at last, see light at the end of the tunnel! I'm dreading the goodbye though, and worried that it's going to be even harder after we've met in person. It's hard enough now!!!

He's totally worth it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn26 View Post
        That's lovely, really lovely. Made my eyes leak a little!

I'm hoping this year will at last see me and my SO finally meet. There have been so many hurdles in the way but we are getting there slowly. I can at last, see light at the end of the tunnel! I'm dreading the goodbye though, and worried that it's going to be even harder after we've met in person. It's hard enough now!!!

He's totally worth it though.
        In my opinion, it's harder to see eachother through a webcam again after you've met in person, it's also quite weird because you've touched, hugged and kissed him/her. You know how the person is in real life.
        It's hard, but for me it's more than enough motivation to continue.

Good luck !

Comment

Working...
        X