Chat room ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chat room ideas

Hi All, I was thinking of some incentives to utilize our chat room to make it fun for all and create some activities we can schedule. So, first I am asking for ideas and then we can make a poll and vote for them. I will start, I suggest movie nights, I did these in a previous board of mine. We pick a movie we all have access to, pick a time and go ready,set, 1,2,3....go and all start at same time and then chat about as we watch the movie. That's my idea, any more?
    "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
    Benjamin Franklin

Movie nights are definitely a great idea. I think this was brought up in the current chat already, but how about general themed nights? The conversations don't necessarily have to stay on topic, but we still have a topic to begin with so conversation can flow.

Comment

Sounds good to me, any ideas for topics?
      "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

At first, I feel like the conversations should be pretty broad (as in, "talk about a funny childhood memory", "favorite hobby", etc.) until we get enough people. Once we have either a pretty decent group, or at least a proper regular group, then we can start to delve into more specific things. Things like TV shows I feel like would make good specific topics. I feel like the more specific things would depend on what people are interested in.

Comment

First, I feel like I'm going crazy... has there always been a chat room on here? If so that's awesome because I clearly missed it lol. Secondly, what if we pick out reoccurring issues/themes we see in posts each week. If several people are having the same issue (sorry I can't think of a good example right now) everyone in the chat could discuss that and how to fix the issue or things that could be done or something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah96 View Post
            First, I feel like I'm going crazy... has there always been a chat room on here? If so that's awesome because I clearly missed it lol. Secondly, what if we pick out reoccurring issues/themes we see in posts each week. If several people are having the same issue (sorry I can't think of a good example right now) everyone in the chat could discuss that and how to fix the issue or things that could be done or something like that?
            We had one a while back and it was costing Michelle time and money and had a low interest problem. I suggested a free one and offered to Mod and asked if others did too and then Michelle was kind enough to add a free one and make me and Harlequin mods.

I like your idea.
            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

LD related themes; time, money, sex, travels, inlaws, food, friends etc. I also like the idea of the reoccuring issue.
              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I'm definetly up for movie nights/tv show nights maybe add 90 day fiancé when it comes back on? I've heard some like it.
                I'd have to see if I can borrow family's Netflix though xP
                "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Great ideas so far, please keep them coming.
                  Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Sex! I like sex! Lol
                    sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

LOL TaraMarie

Is the chatroom already up and running?
                      Or is it int he process of becoming back on the site?

Comment

Originally posted by Ahava View Post
                        LOL TaraMarie

Is the chatroom already up and running?
                        Or is it int he process of becoming back on the site?
                        It is up and running.
                        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Don't forget to suggest ideas! The chat's been up for a few days now, so as we continue to get settled in, we'd like to start doing topics.

Just now, we've decided that a Valentine's Day themed chat would be fun to do, so look forward to that in February. In the meantime, though, please stop by and say hello, and don't be afraid to bring up topics you want to have a chat about!

Comment

Ooo this could be fun! Movie nights are a fun idea. Maybe like crafty projects too?? Something where we could all get to know each other outside of our relationship problems would be really good. We all seem to know each other through our hardships and relationships but it would he nice to do things to get to know each other outside of those things as well. Kinda practice our LDR skills with a new set of people lol
                            "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

Originally posted by merlinkitty View Post
                              Ooo this could be fun! Movie nights are a fun idea. Maybe like crafty projects too?? Something where we could all get to know each other outside of our relationship problems would be really good. We all seem to know each other through our hardships and relationships but it would he nice to do things to get to know each other outside of those things as well. Kinda practice our LDR skills with a new set of people lol
                              Sounds good to me. The chatroom nearly always seems to be active, so don't be afraid to say hi!

Comment

Working...
                              X