No announcement yet.

Silly and usual names.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I asked my Arabic tutor today what some pet names that are commonly used in Arabic because I thought it was appropriate to disucss considering how close V-day is. Thought you all may enjoy this:

حبيبي‏ (habibi) – my love
    نصيبي‏ (nashibii) – my fate
    حُصْتِي‏ (hustii) – my pride/my share
    حُبّي‏ (hubii) – my love
    عُمري‏ (aaumrii) – my life
    حياتي‏ (hiyatii) – my life
    قلبي‏ (gelbii) – my heart
    روحي‏ (ruHii) – my soul
    يا عسل‏ (ya aasil) – honey (though used more for kids)
    قُطِّتي‏ (guTTatii) – my cat
    Last edited by crazycarrie06; January 30, 2015, 11:17 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Oops double post sorry
      Last edited by crazycarrie06; January 30, 2015, 11:17 PM. Reason: double post

Comment

He calls me pikkukissa~ it's a cute combination of Finnish "pieni" = small and "kissa" = cat.
        We also call each other carrots now, cause it's a combo of "cat" + "parrot".
        He used to be my vice-captain parrot as I was a pirate captain or something like that as well.
        Also, I sometimes refer to him as my "significant otter". Because of those Facebook stickers patch.

As for the normal ones.
        We usually refer to each other as "love" or each others' names.
        But more special ones include: "sweetheart", "rakas" (a Finnish pet name, equals "beloved"), etc.

Comment

He used to call me "miss" which I hated because it sounds so standoffish in my opinion...so he changed it to senorita. I started calling him amigo, and that one stuck. Two nonSpanish people calling each other amigo. :P
          sigpic

Comment

Nicknames have evolved from 'love' to 'mon cher' and 'cara mia'. But what is consistent is that he calls me Watson and I call him Sherlock. We both like Sir Conan Doyle's writing, my SO is a walking collection of trivia and I am a doctor in training.

Comment

My SO calls me "Booger" and I call him 'baby Poop" haha we love to play around like kids.

Comment

My SO and I refer to each other as "my favorite."

Comment

He has always called me angel. It's so sweet!

Comment

My SO tends to cal me several things but the most used names are little miss and pancake. Little miss started as an inside joke as i loved a character in a game who was refereed to as little miss, and i believe pancake started when she sent me a picture of pancakes that were shaped like manta rays and she wrote on it that she loved her little pancake. I call her grumpalump sometimes, and sometimes ridiculously silly things like silly goose and grumpy grape, i'm really bad at pet names but great at coming up with totally ridiculous sounding things lol
                    my girls <3

Josie (SO)
                    Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
                    Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
                    Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
                    Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
                    Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
                    Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
                    Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
                    All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

Working...
                    X