Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introduction and a story :)

Hello people in complicated relationships! ^^

I'm a bit new to the whole long distance thing so I was hoping to get some ideas or pointers through joining here, so nice to meet you everyone and please take good care of me ^^ ~
    So here's my situation and how I ended up in it, I'll try to shorten it down.
    I have a penpal with whoom I've danced around a flirty area for sometime and I thought it was about time we met.. (we've been chatting for 2 years) so I decided to go to japan, but unfortunately he got stuck in the US where he's studying and my trip turned into a regular tourist thing instead...
    Now to the strange part... That penpal is not actually my SO... My SO is a guy I met when I was in Japan, he was working temporarily in the hostel I stayed at in Tokyo and we got really close.
    Eventually, he confessed to me, while I was on a weekend trip away from the city... He left me a really long mail where he explained he was in love with me and asked me how I felt.
    Initially I turned him down... The age gap is really big and he lives in Japan and I had to go back to Europe also he's japanese to a point of not even being able to speak english!
    Basically I decided it was better not to start anything.. And I told him that.. The only problem being he completely didn't agree and got really stubborn about it saying that it wouldn't change how he felt and that he would wait even if I told him not to, even if there wasn't any chance he still didn't want to give up on me.
    Till the end of my visit I kept refusing to date him.. but we spend my last day together as a couple..
    After I got home, we've been skyping everyday and since the idiot refuses to give up I agreed..
    Admittedly I am still a bit doubtful about it working out, he's in a more settled time in his life than I am, even talking about wanting to marry me or him moving to europe or me coming back to japan.
    But so far I thought I'd take it as it comes, not reason to turn down love when it's so stubbornly staring you in the face ^^
    My long distance has only just started, so there's a lot of things I don't know or will probably have trouble with, I hope I can learn something from all of you in here.
    Else, thank you for reading
    I'll see you in the forum

-MJS

Welcome here

Holidays are a great uppertunity to meet someone and even be chased by romantic fools... Good luck and there are lots of tips here too
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

That sounds amazingly cute and romantic! I'm glad you were able to meet him and are giving him a chance. Hopefully this will last for a long, long time.

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

I confess this made me giggle. Oh, we're all such fools in love

Welcome to LFAD.

Comment

Thank you ^^

Comment

Ha! So cute! And welcome!
            "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

Quite interesting. I hope to hear some good news from you around here in the future. haha.
              First contact: March, 2014
              Official LDR: June, 2014
              Married since: August, 2017
              “有一种幸福就是每天睁开眼睛,就知道你在。” -Xinxin

Comment

Working...
              X