help...need some romantic Valentine's day plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help...need some romantic Valentine's day plans

Me n my bf...we are meeting after 6 months on Valentine's day. We will get barely 6 hours together, and i need some plan to make that 6 hours memorable. Help...please

Honestly, that 6 hours is going to fly by. Don't pressure yourself into having to try to make it perfect or have special plans. You may want that entire time to just be where you can talk and enjoy being physically in the same place. No matter what you do or where you go in those few hours, it will be memorable because it's your first visit. Relax and enjoy it.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Do you have it in your budget to find a cozy corner to listen and snuggle to some music, not crazy loud, more soulful and light-hearted. Some drinks by a fire with some jazz or blues or a touch of classical. Music is good for the soul and makes us just smile and snuggle. Add in some good munchies and pure romance few hours.
      "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

If you only have 6 hours, do something that can help you focus on each other. I am always a fan on food on a date, especially hot dinners and dessert. If you are drinkers, perhaps champagne or a glass of whine? It can be in a restaurant, someone's home, a hotel room - it doesn't matter as long as the food is tasty and the company is good. Some gift or thoughtful letter will always be appreciated. If the weather allows and the scenery is nice, how about spending some time outside; for instance take a stroll along the beach or by a quiet lane. I have the best memories from just sitting quiety on the city stone beach with SO, listening to the waves roll inn and perhaps a love song on the phone; it is something that is romantic, for free and also makes for great pictures!

The first time I visited SO (after the holiday I met him), when I arrived at the flat where he lived with his mates there was a tapas table of various Turkish food, Turkish tea, sweets and alcohol. As I love Turkish food and was very hungry after the travel, it was great. After that, just looking at him and holding his hand while listening to people talking in this foreign language was great...which was all that we did for about 3 hours until all the guests went home and his mates went to bed!

Last Valentine and his birthday in combination, we made pizza and cakes together, which was very fun because we discovered that we actually like to cook and bake together. I got him a card, a red velvet heartshaped box of Belgian chocolates, a book that means a lot to both of us because we have both read it and love it (but he didn't have his own copy), 29 Open When...-letters and a book of drinking quotes.
        Last edited by differentcountries; January 29, 2015, 08:03 AM.
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Have either of you had a "typical" romantic Valentine's day? With chocolates, flowers, a stuffed animal and a nice card? If not, definitely do that!
          Most importantly, before you do anything, ask her if she wants to be your Valentine. It seems silly, but it always melts my heart when my husband even after 2 years together still asks

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
          First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
          Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
          Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
          Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
          Married: 1/24/2015
          Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

You could keep it simple with a nice walk and talk through a scenic park. Grab a smoothie, ice cream, or some other edibles while you walk. Hold hands a lot so at least there's some intimacy.. take pictures together and just enjoy each other's time. Like R&R said, 6 hours will fly by so keeping it simple is your best bet.
            "The Only Heaven I'll Be Sent To,
            Is when I'm Alone With You."

Met: Sometime in 2016
            Started Relationship: August 9, 2017
            First Visit: December 7, 2017
            Closed the distance: February 9, 2018

Comment

Is it okay if we go to a water theme park...he likes seeing me wet!! And i love water slides!! I know its not romantic... Think he will like it???

Comment

Romance is what you guys make it. It's not always candle light and soft music. As long as you guys both feel like you're getting quality time together, I say go for it.

Comment

The water theme park sounds like fun! Especiallly if there is a big one with both active and quiet parts. You could be wet, it could be playful, and if there is water lounge with a small cave you could hide away and have a kiss.
                  I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                  - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Thnx all

Comment

Working...
                    X