To those of you in Georgia...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To those of you in Georgia...

Asides from people whom I know and have spoken to concerning the state, where better than to learn about it than from those who live there? xD. My SO lives in Ringgold, about 2 hours from Atlanta, and I'm aiming to head there in June to visit him, next year. Anyone have any hints and tips, or advice, that might prove useful for me, or things to keep in mind? Keep in mind I'm a Brit who's never traveled to the states, or anywhere else outside Europe, before.

I live in Georgia but I don't really have any tips. As long as you have a way to get to him you should be fine.
    Do you have any particular concerns?
    Last edited by Lostviolinist; February 4, 2015, 05:13 PM.
    First contact: March, 2014
    Official LDR: June, 2014
    Married since: August, 2017
    “有一种幸福就是每天睁开眼睛,就知道你在。” -Xinxin

Comment

I went there to meet a friend of mine I met online (LDR's can be friends too! Lol) anyway, the airport was easy to navigate. Having grown up in the south be aware of the humidity if you go during the summer. My favorite times of year were the spring and autumn. I went to Georgia recently during October. It wasn't too cold and the trees were turning colors. Beautiful countryside. I miss that side of the country lol they drove me through downtown Atlanta at night which, I must say, had some pretty lights. What else were you curious about?
      "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

You should really message TaraMarie, I believe she lives in Atlanta!

Comment

Originally posted by whatruckus View Post
          You should really message TaraMarie, I believe she lives in Atlanta!
          Correct. Actually, the northwestern suburbs (Dallas), About 45 minutes from Ringgold. Georgia is lovely. I've been here 10 years (fromNY) and LOVE IT!
          June us HOT! And we have tornadoes...your SO WILL know that. The people are lovely, and will love your accent! Lol
          sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Originally posted by TaraMarie View Post
            Correct. Actually, the northwestern suburbs (Dallas), About 45 minutes from Ringgold. Georgia is lovely. I've been here 10 years (fromNY) and LOVE IT!
            June us HOT! And we have tornadoes...your SO WILL know that. The people are lovely, and will love your accent! Lol
            Bahaha, I was told that I would probably be Miss Popular because of my accent. My god, what is it the Americans' love of the British "accent?" o.O

Anyways, I wasn't really thinking of anything specific, more along the lines of anything that you could all think of.

Comment

Originally posted by Honour View Post
              Bahaha, I was told that I would probably be Miss Popular because of my accent. My god, what is it the Americans' love of the British "accent?" o.O

Anyways, I wasn't really thinking of anything specific, more along the lines of anything that you could all think of.
              Cause it's different and not American? xD Heck, I travel down south just for those accents <3
              "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Originally posted by Unconditional View Post
                Cause it's different and not American? xD Heck, I travel down south just for those accents <3
                Lmao. I suppose, I got used to people exclaiming, "You're British! O_O!" a long time ago, but the accent one just never ceases to amuse me xD

Comment

Originally posted by Honour View Post
                  Lmao. I suppose, I got used to people exclaiming, "You're British! O_O!" a long time ago, but the accent one just never ceases to amuse me xD
                  Right after Southern, and Russian, - British is the sexiest accent in the world lol

Although, that Canadian "Eh" though ;3 I'm partial to it
                  "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Originally posted by Unconditional View Post
                    Right after Southern, and Russian, - British is the sexiest accent in the world lol

Although, that Canadian "Eh" though ;3 I'm partial to it
                    I only know like... 1 Canadian. My SO's voice just... yeah. *_*

Whenever I hear a Russian accent, I think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75VpOGcotlU

Comment

Culturally, just know that the US tips in restaurants between 15-20%.

Also, be aware GA has a 4% sales tax on most items you buy. Our price tags don't show this, it's added at the register.

idk if any of that is helpful haha.

Comment

Originally posted by randomnerd View Post

Also, be aware GA has a 4% sales tax on most items you buy. Our price tags don't show this, it's added at the register.

I always thought it was 6% tip... Good thing I don't have the oppourtunity where I have to tip very much. I'm sure all waitresses I've ever had have hated me xD
                        I just recently got told the percentage for tipping. I feel like a horrible person

Comment

Originally posted by randomnerd View Post

Sales tax is 7%. Ugh!
                          sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Originally posted by TaraMarie View Post
                            Sales tax is 7%. Ugh!
                            aww sorry for my outdated my information. I was jealous of your tax (mine is 8.1%... so I still am )

Comment

Working...
                            X