Bonjour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bonjour

Hello there! It's my first post here so I will introduce myself. I'm 44, I live in France and the man I love lives in Texas. We met on Twitter almost 6 months ago. We will meet for the first time in 6 weeks (I'm the one traveling). I'm just feeling a little low today because he seems to be worried and doesn't email me as usual. I have already bought the plane ticket and I'm so afraid he might change his mind. I wrote him an email this morning asking him whether everything was OK and I have to wait hours before he gets up and replies. I've been alone for so long, I lack self confidence, so I'm stressed. He's the first who said 'I love you' but I can feel we are both so scared. I will spend 3 weeks with him so that we can really 'live together' and see what happens. I'm just so cared he might step back. I guess I'm not the only one going through this so please feel free to share your thoughts with me. Thank you all in advance. Cheers from France.

Bonjour I don't speak much French, so I'll just say it in English, welcome to LFAD and I hope your first visit goes well!

Comment

Bon voyage!

I am sure he is just nervous about seeing you for real. Maybe if you talk it over with him you will at least know and you can remind him of your good connection eyc. My SO getsupset like that EVERY time before any of us travels, he looks like the most tormented person on the planet because the anticipation is killing him. I too have asked him in the past, love what is wrong, but now I will just know it is because he loves me and he reacts this way.

Bonne chance
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Welcome! It's completely normal to be stressed and nervous over your first visit, I'm sure he feels the same way. The anticipation of that first meeting can make you feel a little crazy, but we all go through it Try to relax and enjoy the excitement, you only get a first meeting once!
        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Bonjour et bienvenue a LFAD!

I agree with everyone that it's perfectly normal to be nervous before a big first trip, especially since you are travelling so far! Just let the fear settle and make the most of it - 3 weeks is a long time to enjoy each others' company!
          [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
          became official: 28.03.11
          first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
          second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
          our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
          third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
          fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
          surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
          viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
          jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
          my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

Hi & welcome! Just try not to over think things, you'll be fine. Look forward to reading all about how great the trip was.

Comment

Thank you so much for all the nice words. Yes I'm probably over thinking! I've been single most of my life so I guess I can't help thinking it's "too good to be true"! I just have to let it happen and relax. Thanks again

Comment

I have seen elsewhere on the forums about the wisdom of having a "plan B" just in case everything does not go as initially planned. Not that you should expect the worst, simply that you should have a plan for it.

I don't know where in Texas you will be going, but it's a big and beautiful state with much to do and see! I live in the Northeast part and it is beautiful here in the spring. The daffodils are blooming right now, the jonquils, redbud trees and fruit trees won't be far behind!

Welcome and I hope you have a wonderful first meeting!
                My ticker will go here one of these days...

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Thank you! I will be near Houston. I'm sure there are many things to do there (he has already planned a few). I will keep a "plan B" in mind, just in case... But we really see eye to eye so I'm confident. The low mood is gone! Cheers from France.

Comment

Working...
                    X