Anniversary gift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anniversary gift

So as everyone knows Valentine's day is coming up. It just so happens that Valentine's day is also going to be our anniversary. I'm struggling on what to get my girlfriend. I don't want to just get jewelry or a bag because I want to surprise her with something she doesn't expect. So what are some romantic gifts that show you're thinking outside the box? Any ideas?

What about one of those gold-dipped roses? My SO gave me that last year and I love it.

Comment

Look at her hobbies. Does she scrapbook? Maybe look into getting her new paper or tools. Knit/crochet? Needles and yarn, or maybe a book of patterns. Reading? Does she have an ereader? If you have $$$, a kindle is a great gift. Or if she already has one, maybe an ebook or two - one you like and one she likes. As you probably noticed, I tend to lean more towards practical gifts these days... last year for Valentine's Day my husband gave me an immersion blender: by far one of the best Valentines day gifts I have received to date.

Or: if you are able, plan a date for the next time you are together. If you don't know your exact visit date yet, lay it all out and tell her you'll make all the reservations once you've confirmed a date. Or, if you're near each other, make all of the reservations and give her a card that lays out what you will be doing. It doesn't have to be dinner and a movie - it could be somewhere exciting you've never been, or to do something you've both always wanted to do (a concert maybe? or a weekend away somewhere close by?).

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
      Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
      Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Hmmm where can I find one of those gold dipped roses?

Comment

I'm considering that

Comment

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
            Look at her hobbies. Does she scrapbook? Maybe look into getting her new paper or tools. Knit/crochet? Needles and yarn, or maybe a book of patterns. Reading? Does she have an ereader? If you have $$$, a kindle is a great gift. Or if she already has one, maybe an ebook or two - one you like and one she likes. As you probably noticed, I tend to lean more towards practical gifts these days... last year for Valentine's Day my husband gave me an immersion blender: by far one of the best Valentines day gifts I have received to date.

Or: if you are able, plan a date for the next time you are together. If you don't know your exact visit date yet, lay it all out and tell her you'll make all the reservations once you've confirmed a date. Or, if you're near each other, make all of the reservations and give her a card that lays out what you will be doing. It doesn't have to be dinner and a movie - it could be somewhere exciting you've never been, or to do something you've both always wanted to do (a concert maybe? or a weekend away somewhere close by?).
            I want an immersion blender. I told my SO, if he ever had the money, I wouldn't be opposed to a Kitchenaid Stand Mixer lmao. Or a Dyson...

Also, you can google the roses. I know IHateStevenSinger.com sells them. That's where my SO got mine.

Comment

Originally posted by whatruckus View Post
              I want an immersion blender. I told my SO, if he ever had the money, I wouldn't be opposed to a Kitchenaid Stand Mixer lmao. Or a Dyson
              Totally off subject, but I hate the Dyson vacuum. Our roommate insist I use his when I clean, and I swear it's the most overpriced appliance ever. My old Hoover worked so much better.

To the OP: I think lyonsgirl was on the right track. It may not be the most romantic thing ever, but I love practical gifts.

Comment

It could also be a "gift card " of something special th as that will happen on your next visit. Or a novel with a good love story in it. Or money so she can do some spa as a treat for herself.
                I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Honestly, I'd also suggest having a look at past forum posts. There's a lot of threads out there full of great ideas.

Comment

@whatruckus: I'm spoiled... my mom got me a kitchenaid stand mixer for Christmas a few years ago. We got the Dyson refurbished, so it was about half of a new one.

@dizzyupthemeg: WHAT??? HOW DO YOU NOT? haha. We have the Dyson animal.... Seriously one of my favorite chores now is vacuuming.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                    Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                    Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by dizzyupthemeg View Post
                      Totally off subject, but I hate the Dyson vacuum. Our roommate insist I use his when I clean, and I swear it's the most overpriced appliance ever. My old Hoover worked so much better.

To the OP: I think lyonsgirl was on the right track. It may not be the most romantic thing ever, but I love practical gifts.
                      I heard that the Shark Navigator (the new one) is pretty much JUST like a Dyson, without the price tag. Lol.

@whatruckus: I'm spoiled... my mom got me a kitchenaid stand mixer for Christmas a few years ago. We got the Dyson refurbished, so it was about half of a new one.

@dizzyupthemeg: WHAT??? HOW DO YOU NOT? haha. We have the Dyson animal.... Seriously one of my favorite chores now is vacuuming.
                      Ugh. I want one so bad. My brother has the Dyson Animal one and he loves it.

Comment

Maybe it is just this vacuum, but it doesn't work. It takes forever for me to finish vacuuming because I have to go over the same spot 100 times. I seriously hate it.

Comment

Originally posted by dizzyupthemeg View Post
                          Maybe it is just this vacuum, but it doesn't work. It takes forever for me to finish vacuuming because I have to go over the same spot 100 times. I seriously hate it.
                          It really shouldn't though... O.o

Comment

I have a Dyson Animal too and love it, I got mine refurbished and really wasn't that expensive.

Comment

Working...
                            X